"Fly Fishing Degree"

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by andrew, Jun 14, 2004.

1. andrew Active Member

Bellingham, WA.
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    The Bellingham Herald is featuring an article in their "Lifestyle" section about a WWU class on Fly Fishing.

For anyone interested the class is held on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays, June 21st - July 18, from 8:00 am to noon.

The class is titled "The Art, Science and Ethics of Flyfishing", offering 3 credits.

"Students will have to be in classrooms while learning about river ecosystems and how people interact with them, but they'll also learn techniques for tying flies and how to flyfish in field trips to the Clearwater Creek in Whatcom County and the upper Skagit River in British Columbia" B-Hareld.

To register or for more information: contact Leo Bodensteiner at leobode@cc.wwu.edu

-Andrew
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +689 / 5
    Actualy, UW has one as well. Not sure how many credits. But had a flytying student that graduated from the UW (man, can't believe I'm getting that old lol), and he took a course on flyfishing. In fact, know of a girl this year who was taking it as well at the UW.
  3. Bill Douglas blue collar dirtbag

Olympia, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    CWU offered one when I was there, too. I don't know if they still do, though.
  4. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Discover U

Classes are offered through the Discover U program at the University of Washington. Dana Botchter teaches one of them and Jimmy LeMert teaches another. I believe that they are two sessions each. I don't believe that students receive college credits for completing the classes.

Good Fishing,
    Les Johnson
  5. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Discover U

Yes, Central does offer a flyfishing class as well. My sister-in-law was going to take it this summer but its full, imagine that.