Fly Fishing Film Tour in Walla Walla! What???

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ben Swaner, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Ben Swaner

Ben Swaner Active Member

Since the FFFT skips over lovely Walla Walla I was thinking about showing last years somewhere in town. I thought about checking the Local Colleges to see if they would give us a spot to show it. There might be other venues as well that would let us host it as well. I just want to get an idea if there is any interest in the area to do someting like this? Who knows, if its recieved well maybe we can get it coming to town yearly. One could only hope...:)

jlar and David Dalan like this.
  2. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:
    I'd be down. Unless we could get some TC folks over, I think it might be a flop. There are some fly fishers involved with the powerhouse theater, maybe we could wrangle a solid?

3. Rod Wittner

Rod Wittner Active Member

Media:
    I would go. And bring my son. Wayne would be down for it too, I think. Right Wayne?

4. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Media:
    This is a great idea. I showed Rivers of a lost Coast a couple years ago at the theater in our little town here on Whidbey. As long as I did not charge admission and agreed to sell copies of the DVD to an interested members, it was all free.

The theater let our club use the theater for a low price and they made a little money from concession. Sales.
    Wish I was closer to Walls Walls. If this works for you I may give it a go here.

Good luck and have fun!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

5. jlar

jlar New Member

I would go for sure. I think the colleges are a good place to start. Especially if you talk to someone involved with student activities, or a student environmental or outdoor group. I'd be willing to help with logistics or anything too. Let me know!