fly fishing for the bourgeoisie (elite and filthy wealthy)

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by loose ferrule, Jun 10, 2009.

1. loose ferrule New Member

Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    From the SeattlePI ... regarding Dick (head) Cheney.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vice" is a skilled fly fisherman, despite his abysmal environmental record. Air Force II used to be parked all during August at the Jackson, Wyo., airport. Visitors to Grand Teton National Park were shooed away to make streams a secure location for Cheney's angling.

Doubtless, he'll be back in the Tetons this summer, hopefully stripped of the top-heavy security screen.

Back in Washington, D.C., however, Cheney is casting for bigger fish. Obama isn't biting, but other opponents are taking the bait.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ignoring the politics, because this is a fly fishing board :), but everyone who voted for this turd needs to be lashed with a 15ft spey rod ...
  2. Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Quesnel, BC
    Ratings: +319 / 0
    I ~think~ he gets secret service for life like the president, if he wants it.
  3. Richard Olmstead BigDog

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 0
    Secret service is one thing, I don't grudge him that, but hopefully "shooing away" other anglers from public water will not be required or permitted.
    D
  4. Brett Angel Member

Sammamish, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    iagree
  5. Mike T Active Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +54 / 1
    That would infuriate me just as if I was stuck in the hours long traffic jam in Manhatten caused by Obama's "date night".

All politicians have a dramatically over developed sense of entitlement.
  6. Plecoptera Active Member

Bellingham
    Ratings: +28 / 0
    A couple years ago around this time of year I was in Idaho Falls and the entire SF Snake was closed down for the day so Cheney could fish there. The economic loss and time lost from the guides probably made this an expensive fishing trip when you look at the cost to the local economy and the cost to beef up security around the river corridor.:beathead:
  7. smc Active Member

Up River
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Who ya gonna call? Dave Monti!:rofl:
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Yes, but . . . .

All it takes is one whacked-out head case with a gun who thinks if he pulls the trigger, Jodi Foster will then magically love him.

Look no further than the anti-abortionist last week, who, committed to preserving the 'sanctity of life', took another. Don't ever understimate people's ability to believe in their own perverse logic.

Or for that matter, Dick Cheney himself, who shoots his own friends!

K
  9. jcalderon Member

A JUNGLE NEAR YOU
    Hell, if he hit Cheney that would be a great shot!!!
  10. _WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Skagit River
    Ratings: +648 / 0
    I pity the fool that tries to teach him to spey cast...

...and I'm sure the river was emptied not for Cheney's safety, but ours!
  11. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +565 / 0
    He probably has an assistant cut overhanging brush along the stream edge so he could float a dry fly.... I'd like to fish with a barb on my fly near him.... :D
  12. EasyE Member

WA
    I have friends that live in the area and fish the S. Fork often. What a cluster it is when he shows up.
  13. fisheral87 Member

Everett, Washington
    What a joke. At least Obama didn't lock down Manhattan. What does jet fuel run at these days?
  14. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    I usually hate these threads as they turn South early. This one is in danger of just that. I do have some experience with this issue though.

When I was in upstate New York Poppy Bush fished the Douglaston Salmon Run during peak salmon season. The whole stretch was locked down. It was a private section so I'm sure he paid. I had little issue with it, politics aside. He was a former president and people do occasionally freak out an go after ex-prez's.

I do think , however, that due to the insulated nature of the position, a strange perception of things can develop. Presient Bush for instance, likely had a very positive experience fishing a piece of water that is normally crowded. His perception of private water and the stocking of Pacific salmon in the great lakes was informed by what he experienced. That experience was far different than the normal American experience.

Sox 6 Yankees 5,
    cds
  15. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +67 / 0
    Thanks for one more reason to dislike our former VP, as if I needed another. I have friends in JH and Driggs who regularly send me anti-Cheney bits from the local papers. To say he is less than appreciated by the locals is an understatement.
  16. Canedawg Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    You are a hypocrite Sullivan. You only hate the threads that bash liberals like yourself. Obama is has done more to damage this country in 5 months than Cheney has ever done.

There is nothing more pathetic than class envy. People like Obama have always need simple minded, unthinking people who feel and not think to get away with what they are trying to do.

I suspect this thread is a snapshot of Obama supporters. "Those according to their needs. Those according to their means." I suspect you people will take more from this country, then you will ever give. I would take one Dick Cheney over a thousand of your types.
  17. Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

bellingham wa
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    Read my post again. Take a deep breath, and tell me again who I am bashing. My post was regarding the insulated perspective of the position of the presidency. It was clearly not political in nature. Oh, and stop name calling please.

It is fair to call a position hypocrytical, if you can. Please don't just call me a hypocrite. Thank you.

Red Sox 8-0 vs. Yankees,
    cds
  18. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Canedawg, what is your real name and approx where'bouts do you live? Pretty easy to bash others when you are hiding behind a monniker, with no location, eh? Also "low rent" and "cowardly," IMHO.
  19. bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Montana
    Ratings: +214 / 1
    At least Cheney only shuts down the river while he's fishing! Friend of the Left Wing,
    Ted Turner, is doing his best to shut down fishing on entire stretches of "his "river. At least Cheney is a fisherman! What's Obama gonna do in retirement? Stroll along the rivers in France?
  20. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Bash all ya want.
    This is a place where the walls really have eyes and ears.
    So if the "Secret Service" knocks on your door, you will then know you shot your fat mouth off in the wrong place.
    I love America, I support the "President of the United States" I don't agree how he does his job.
    Just my .02