Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

FLY FISHING GUIDE

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  troutdopemagic 
#1 ·
A friend of mine and I are interested in finding a guide that offers food and accommodation at a reasonable price. We would like to fly fish for Steelhead in the Dean River, Copper River area next fall. We would bring our own rods,reels etc. but we would need to have the proper flies to use or buy. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

#4 ·
The Dean and the Copper are pretty distinct and geographically separated rivers so you might have to incorporate the services of two outfitters to do them both. Can't offer any insight on the Dean (yet) but I fished the Copper for the first time a few weeks ago while staying at Skeena Wilderness Lodge in Terrace. While it was an unguided trip, we hooked numerous fish in the one run told to us by Stan the lodge owner. He also does fly-in, helicopter trips on the upper river. I had the impression he knows the river well and provided great, healthy meals and nice accommodations. He's a good guy to boot. The downside was the pressure (lots of people) and the color (only fishable one day in a week we were there).

#5 ·
Give Randy and Pat a call at Lanfear Guest House B&B in Terrace, BC, for wonderful accomodations, great food and very reasonable rates. Randy used to guide the Skeena and Copper, and might be able to connect you to a guide service.
http://www.dozzi.ca/

This post has been deleted
G
#7 ·
Nate treat is the premier guide on the dean. denike tried to employ him but could not retain him. seems treat flies his own vigilante bush plane in and makes a daring landing on a canyon gravel bar. he is the best of the best, the elite. he can Spey cast many hundreds of feet, eats raw meat, and shits icecream.
my only complaint is he does not provide sprinkles

#9 ·
The squidro thread was so awesome on so many levels. Too bad the mods deleted the entire thing. At least I can't find it anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.