Fly Fishing on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Andrew Shoemaker, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Andrew Shoemaker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +56 / 0
    Anyone know of any good fly fishing movies that are currently on Netflix instant stream?
  2. Eric Denny Active Member

Spokane, WA.
    Ratings: +108 / 0
    I don't but I will be watching this to see what is said!! just a FYI about what I do. I YouTube it the go to settings and look for the ones over 30min so I don't have to keep doing it just a thought there is also thrill-on fly fishing which is another web site that has fly fishing videos but they are short. Hope that helps a little
    Andrew Shoemaker likes this.
  3. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,101 / 4
    Don't believe I've ever come across anything fly fishing related in there.
  4. Andrew Shoemaker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    While waiting for replies I browsed the catalog myself. The only thing fly fishing related I came across was some movie about this kid who catches a steelhead like every 3 minutes which I proceeded to end watching and then Where The Yellowstone Goes, which didn't have as much fly fishing as I was hoping for but had some and was also just a really neat story about the Yellowstone...worth watching I think.
  5. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +65 / 0
    +1 on this. Well worth spending a rainy Sunday afternoon watching. Loved the Cake Ladies. Hated Exxon and their Billings oil spill. Looks like those carp really put a bend in the rod!
  6. Andrew Shoemaker Active Member

Olympia, WA
    The cake ladies were awesome! I also really liked the rancher who talked about ranchers being the first conservationists. "If you don't take care of the land it won't take care of you, plain and simple".
  7. Krusty Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +595 / 0
    Nice sentiment, but most of my forebearers were ranchers, and they had absolutely no problem letting their cattle pound the hell out of any streams that crossed their land or overgrazing open range. It was, and still is, all about the money.
  8. JoshL98 Member

Surrey Bc
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    theres salmon fishing in the yeman not to much fishing but some spey i think
  9. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    There was a gem i saw the other day.

the great steelhead nijinski
  10. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
  11. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,018 / 1
    An absolute butcher of the book, but if you haven't read the book, it is worth the watch. If you are a Friday Night Lights fan you will recognize a couple of the characters.
  12. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,620 / 0
    They still do in Montana. That is why I don't eat fish. To many cows crapping and pissing in the skinny water. Hell, I don't eat fish anyway.
  13. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +369 / 0
    Currently pretty housebound due to a bad back so I found "Where the Yellowstone Goes" on Netflix this afternoon. A great way to kill an hour-and-a-half!

Thanks for the tip, Andrew! :)
  14. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +485 / 0
  15. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +1,018 / 1
    The Eddy in my dreams did not match at all the one they had in the River Why movie, that alone ruined it for me!
  16. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +140 / 0
    spencer's mountain....best fly fishing scene ever. ;)
    Bob Triggs likes this.
  17. Michael Morris Member

Kenmore
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Not much fly fishing related on Netflix. I too went through this feeling when I was couch ridden with a pending Root Canal, and got lured into watching the River Why...not the grammy winning type movie I was hoping for. But I also found a Documentary called 180 degrees south, which was great, more of a adventure and conservation type movie. But does have the founder of Patagonia swinging a fly or two.
  18. John Dude Learned skills from George Dickel

Kirkland, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I liked a film called " Manzanar Fishing Club" about WW2 prisoners who sneaked out of the camp to go fishing. It might be available