Fly Fishing Puget Sound Salmon

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, Aug 3, 2008.

1. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +733 / 1
    Hey guys, at 1:00PM Saturday, August 9, one of our own, WFF member Steve Rohrbach, will be presenting a free seminar on how to fish for salmon in Puget Sound at the Orvis store in Bellevue.

Steve will also tie some of his favorite Puget Sound baitfish patterns: Calamarko Squid Tube Fly; Epoxy Baitfish Tube; Shock and Awe Tube; Miyawaki Beach Popper (about this latter fly, he chose it on his own. I didn't force him . . . but then, he IS a good friend).

If you are serious about catching Puget Sound coho, and who isn't, it's the only game in town).

Trust me, this seminar shouldn't be missed!

The new Orvis store is located at 10223 NE 10th St. in Bellevue (about one really long cast behind the old store).

Call (425) 452-9138 for information.

Leland.
  2. Roger Stephens Active Member

Ratings: +280 / 0
    If you want to have more success fly fishing on Puget Sound, you had better not miss Steve Rohrbach's presentation. He is an extremely knowledgeable and articulate speaker plus he is a master tier of proven saltwater patterns. I have seen him put on "clinics" catching sea-run cutthroat and salmon!

Roger
  3. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Anyone want to carpool from bremerton?
  4. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Make sure you introduce yourselves. It's always good to place a face with a screen name or even a real name for that matter.

Leland.
  5. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Wow! Let's not let today's big turnout go to Steve's head!

I'm guessing there will be a few very crowded beaches tomorrow.

For all you guys who missed Steve Rohrbachs presentation today, you missed out on four hours of priceless information.

Here's a public thank you again Steve, you wowed us with you knowledge and tying skills.

Leland.
  6. Josh Smestad aka Mtnwkr

Bremerton, Wa
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    Thanks again Steve and Leland!
  7. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,236 / 9
    Yes, thank you Steve and Leland. It was a great learning experience. It was also great to meet and chat with many of my virtual friends from WFFF. Thanks again, now let's go fishing.
  8. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    It was great!! Well worth the traffic hassles to get there :thumb:!!

...'Cept now of course I 'spose I'll hafta' learn to tie flies 'cuz Steve makes it look soooo easy :rofl:

JC :rolleyes:
  9. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Mumbles,

I saw & heard you there but was clear on the other side of the room and when I next looked around (while watching Steve tying) you wuz' gone before I could introduce myself :eek:!

JC:)