fly fishing silver derby

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by rockfish, Aug 4, 2004.

1. I e-mailed the WDFW about permits when this first came up. The response said no permit or preapproval was necessary.

2. I'm back

my computer was broke and in the shop for a couple weeks, the derby is still on, I'll be at the manchester boat launch about 5 30 to get the boat in the water and wait for people. I'm not sure how everybody wants to do the money thing but 10$ a head is fine, my # is 360 710 0974 if somebody has any questions and can help get this thing going better than I can, Ben :beer2:

3. NWFlyfisher and I are coming from Vancouver. If we miss everybody in the morning, when and where is the weigh in?

Will anybody have a VHF on so we can fall in with group? If so what channel should we monitor?

4. 3 oo pm at the boat launch there is a second dock next to the one used for the ramp and we should just use that, theres a restaraunt and bar there next to it called the manchester inn that I'm going to after words :beer1: for something to eat and drink. I'm still not sure what to do about the money issue but got a email from someone who wants to help out so will call him tomorrow to see what he says,

5. I'm going to have to bow out of this. With Neah Bay being re-opened that weekend I think I'm going to head out that way for one last fix.

-I

6. Is there any overnight morage at Machester? Or is the closest overnight morage at Blake Island? If I am to be there by 5:30 AM I need some place close to get there by boat from. I will be sleeping on the boats cabin. Do not like running in the dark by boat. Saw to many people hit rocks and deadheads over the last 30 years to run open water until a sliver of light is out. Blake Island is close but one place I hate going there any more, to crowded and to many people with Seattle attitudes. Also if there is overnight morage at Manchester I can sleep in till 5:15AM. This will be important after running up that way after work. Leaving Des Moines to Blake alone will be a push Friday night to get there before dark.

7. just tie to the second dock, the 1 on your left facing land, nobody will care, its people leaving trailers in the parking lot over night that will get you in trouble.