Fly Lines for Sea Run Cuts

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Zissou Intern, Dec 20, 2009.

1. FlyOnTheBeach

FlyOnTheBeach formally FlyOnThe Beach

These lines make beach fishing a pleasure. It cut my casting time at least in half when I switched, That means twice as long the fly is in the water. I really noticed the difference when fishing next to people that weren't using the integrated lines and just using the standard lines. It seemed like all they were doing was casting. I really can't say it enough. These lines when properly used makes it enjoyable and casting a breeze.

2. nutsack angler

nutsack angler newb

One floater I haven't seen mentioned is the sage indicator taper. That thing is nuts. Shoots like crazy and the head handles poly leaders with ease. Plus it excels on the river mending bobbers, chucking streamers, and splashing hoppers off the bank. Who said it was only for switch rods?

3. salt dog

salt dog card shark

Media:
    Whatever line you use, the best aid to casting distance is to stretch your line before casting, and use a stipping basket to hold the stretched line. On the RIO Outbound lines, optimum distance casting point is to have the entire head aerialized with 3-6 feet of the running line also outside the the top guide on the final cast, and use a lonnggg haul to power up that baby. Those 3 points will put an extra 15' onto your cast.