fly lines

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by peterf, Jul 7, 2002.

1. peterf New Member

wash.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Does anyone have any info on Quad tip fly lines, 8wt for steelhead salmon and searun cuts? :DUNNO
  2. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    I have an AirFlo Multitip that I really like in a 7 wt. Especially with a 5 year warrantee against cracking....

But back to the multitip, it comes with floating, intermediate, type 3 and type 6 tips. All are 15 feet, I think. With tips that short, its not an issue about shooting the connection, but the loops are very smooth and it also causes little noticable hinging on the casts.

Now, if I could only get the same line for my 4 wt.

Rob
  3. peterf New Member

wash.
    thanks for the info. how is the heavy sink tip for rivers like the skykomish?
  4. Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Mountlake Terrace, WA, USA.
    It seems a bit short for winter flows and the big summer flows we have been having. I am currently building a shooting head system for those sorts of flows. Instead of a 15' head, the shooting heads will be 30'+, and able to be easily cast out to 75'.

But then there are the Airflo polyfuse sinking "leaders" to extend the sink tip.

Rob
  5. Ghettoflyfisherman New Member

I purchased a freshwater quad tip made by Scientific Anglers. And i like the line, i am not the best of casters but for me it seems to cast well. i have only one complaint one of the tips loop connectors came off. i guess the glue was defective. i spoke to someone at a fly shop who said they have been having this problem with the SA quad tip. He suggested that i make two nail knots on the loop connector, just to make sure it is secure. I bought the line 2 yrs ago so SA may have fixed the problem or mine might have just been a lemon.

I also have a Rio mid spey interchangeable tip spey line. I know u didn't ask for a spey line, but i will toss my .02 cents in. I like the loop connectors on the rio much better and would Recommend a rio line to anyone.

ghetto