Fly material storage

Discussion in 'Patterns' started by kingpuck, Jan 2, 2008.

1. Preston Active Member

Ratings: +474 / 0
    Gee, it doesn't sound like you guys have very many materials to store. I have a cheap, particle board cabinet; 5 feet tall 30 inches wide and 15 inches deep, with shelves holding 27 clear plastic shoe boxes and a few other containers. The shoe boxes are lableled in general categories (saddles and necks, dubbing, hair & fur, etc.) and make it fairly easy to find things. Each of the shoe boxes holding susceptible materials gets a couple of mothballs annually.
  2. herl Member

the other washington
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I also have a hard shell suitcase. My intention was to build a tying desk of sorts into one side of it so that when it is opened I have my vise, tools tying space on the bottom side and my most used materials accessable pouches/compartments in the rest of the suitcase. That was the intention..

So far it is just a big box, with my stuff thrown in it.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,505 / 9
    I had stuff all over, what a mess. I bought an antique roll top desk, pretty good sized. It is now filled, over filled actually. I have some stuff still in plastic boxes here and there and need to really decide where in my garage/shop the desk will sit and then nicely organize all my stuff together.
  4. Cole15 New Member

Port Angeles, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I took pegboard and hung it on my wall with a bunch of pegboard hooks and hang everything on them. it works great
  5. MotoXmg New Member

Hood River, Oregon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    ...the larger economical plastic tool box works for me, along with large ziploc baggies. That is if I put it away. Usually strewn all over my desk.
  6. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +227 / 1
    I use these recently acquired drawers that I finished to match the roll top for routinely used items. Not to mention the "stuffed" four drawer legal size file cabinet and several large boxes of material in the garage!!

Attached Files: