Fly reel and 2 spools $30 (4 wt. to 6 wt.)

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Denny, May 10, 2005.

1. Denny

Denny Active Member

Daiwa 706 and 2 spools. Great traditional trout reel. Simple click/pawl drag, reel designed is patterned after Hardy LRH reels.

The reel is in great shape, and the spools are unused. This is a smokin' deal for someone looking for a trout reel. Spool up the reel with a floating line, and the two spools with a sinktip and a sinking line, and you have a lot of bases covered, river and lake!

Buy this reel and 2 spools for $30, slightly more than half the cost of a new fly line. This is truly a smokin' deal. I've had it for several years as a loaner reel, but never had to loan it out as all my pals have their own gear. I'm just trying to weed out my inventory of equipment that is not being used.

You can pick it up in the in North Seattle area, I work in the Marysville/Smoky Point, and can arrange to meet between North Seattle and there, as well.

Richard
    rdembry@comcast.net

2. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Richard,

If that reel is a left hand retrieve I may make another purchase from you. Smokey point could work.

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

It's set up for left hand; is there any other? :)

4. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

LOL Richard, I agree. :D

If he doesn't end up taking it, let me know. I'm interested (used to have a couple of these). Have a 6wt I want to setup for my kids.

5. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Jerry,

I sent Richard an email. I will be buying this reel from him.

I have an older Hardy that has the permanent circular line guide. Although the clickers can be adjusted for left or right, this reel is for all practical purposes only a right hand rewind.

So since I feel like you do as far as only liking the left hand crank, I tend to ask the question.

6. Jerry Daschofsky

Jerry Daschofsky Moderator Staff Member

Oh, not a problem at all Mark. I normally can convert most, since most reels do (the Daiwa's are pretty easy to swap around). Just those damned hardy's had some that came in right hand only. Ughhhh. Completely understand. Can't break the rods out anyways I want to get reels for. Just swapped some tube flies for two older 6 and 7wt glass rods (both are old classic Fenwick and Lamiglas rods). So going to use those for my kids to learn on. They're getting the fly bug (since they've been tying their own flies this winter), so getting some more "indestructible" type rods for them to use. Much safer with them with glass rods then graphite. LOL. I may strip them down and rewrap the rods though. They are both home wrapped. Guy must've been brand new. Can be MUCH nicer rods (looking that is) if I did a rewrap. But may leave as is. I just like the old Daiwa reels (if it's the one I think it is). They were pretty old, but mine were made in England.

7. mat1226

mat1226 Active Member

Jerry,

I agree on the glass. I still have my old Wright McGill trail rod spinner/fly combo my dad gave me over 45 years ago when I was about 8 or 9.

I have also been putting my hands on some glass rods. I like the action they have.

Lately when I go to B.C. I like to have 4 rods set up. Two sinkers and two dry's. You can fish two rods up there and it is a blast fishing two chironomid set ups from a boat where you have room in your lap. I was at Tunka last week end and figured out a way to control the hand retrieve on both of them and still have each within reach.

Indicators were bouncing on both rods and it was a lot of fun.

Edit: Problem was one reel was not mine and one is the old fly reel from the Wright McGill and it was old when my dad gave it to me back then. This reel will have a great useage. My teenager also needs a set-up.