Fly tying desks/

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Thomas Mitchell, May 27, 2013.

1. "Being newly single, I figured a nice piece of furniture was a better investment than a red Ducati... "

That is an entirely debatable statement Sir. Hard to go wrong with either....

2. The fine furniture is wonderful, a thing of beauty is a joy forever.

I got an old craftsman roller cabinet two-tool box set at a garage sale, it holds all my stuff and is mothballable, and very practical, sits next to my desk where I tie. There's some really nice high end tool boxes out there, if you've got lots of stuff it's the only way I've seen to get rid of plastic boxes..

3. An office adjustable chair is all you need. Allows height variations for comfortable tying. I recently was gifted a roll top, and they are the awsome.

4. Thomas,

I am in the process of builiding my own tying bench right now. It is a corner desk with 5' on each side and my storage area is hung up on the wall. it may not be cheaper than buying one already made but you can customize it to your own specifications and what will make things easier and more enjoyable for yourself. Good luck on your hunt.

5. Thx all. Ken Sample is going to build a desk for me based on my specific functional needs that will also match my other furniture (cherry Stickley Mission stuff). I'll post photos after I pick it up later this summer.

Skyler Evans and Jim Speaker like this.

6. Looking forward to seeing it, as I'm sure you are too!