Flyfish steelhead (DD) a sponser now?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by BDD, Dec 29, 2007.

1. o mykiss Active Member

Ratings: +176 / 0
    Like Black Oak Arkansas, it's obvious that some people love DD and some people don't. For the sake of some new content here, how 'bout we just agree to disagree, and move on to something else?
  2. thewaker Tight line takes ain't no fakes!!

Bend, Oregon
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I love Black Oak Arkansas!
  3. bconrad Member

S Rivers
    Ratings: +11 / 0
  4. hendersonbaylocal Member

Seattle WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
  5. chadk Be the guide...

Snohomish, WA.
    Ratings: +41 / 0
    Richard - the advertised trips specifically said "salmon" were the target. And as a past client, I can say were definately targeted and caught many many salmon - sitting on top of schools of chums and silvers til it got boring.

Oh - I forgot I was done with this...

This isn't about incidental catches since we all do it from time to time. It's about making a profit off of puprosely targeting a closed species... to put it bluntly.
  6. FT Active Member

Burlington, WA
    Ratings: +102 / 0
    Richard,

Chad's recent post says all that needs by said.

To answer your question about fishing the Stilly in the fall: I haven't fished the Stilly past Labor Day for 13 years in large part because I get tired of seeing a lot of folks targeting salmon and fishing where there are a lot of salmon porpoising, which is not typcially where steelhead lie.

Plus if a fisherman uses a floating line and small unweighted or dry fly, the chances of him hooking salmon upstream of Arlington is very, very small.