Flys & Pies

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by jeff bandy, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Gary: What will you be fishing for normally? i havent fished for steelehad at all and mainly focus on lakes and trout but I plan to go, tie and have some fun. Events like this are a lot of fun. Bring questions and we all could help you out.
  2. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +274 / 1
    Gary, we all started somewhere. Come, eat, drink and listen to some lies. It,s all good.
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    Jeff is letting me attend. That sets the bar pretty low for this event! Looking forward to the gathering.
  4. Philster New Member

Ratings: +3 / 0
    It's the like the Mafia. Blood in, blood out, or in this case Tie in Tie out. You will tie. More than one fly. I will be armed with various pokey tying tools, and I'm not afraid to poke with them... No tie = poke.
  5. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Phil,
    You're getting way too excited about this. You need to calm down. Try getting out in public several times before this event and practicing deep breathing and other relaxation techniques. We understand your passion but you should excercise better control, you don't want to scare off the newbies. This is our first Bandy Bash and we want it to be a good one. There'll be no poking with sharp tools and eating pie with your whip finisher! :)
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,354 / 9
    It is okay Scott. Phil has the wrong address.
  7. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    Thanks Ed, I was scambling for my pills. I'm so damn nervous I can't even spell!
  8. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +390 / 0
    I will be targeting trout in many different settings. I figure to wet my feet in smaller rivers and lakes. When summer rolls around i want to hike to alpine lakes and fish them. I'll try anything twice! (if not more)

Thanks for the openness guys! Any beer requests? And how do apple empanadas sound for dessert, pretty much just a handheld apple pie?
  9. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    you plan to tie some day? I ask because this is a great place to learn. Lst Guys, Flies and Pies everyone there taught me a ton.
  10. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Someday I probably will get into tying, not sure when that day will come. I am slowly building my set of gear and waders and boots and hopefully a float tube will come before tying. But who knows, maybe I will be smitten by it and set out to pick it up sooner rather than later.
  11. Philster New Member

I'll bring some stuff to tie a super simple, two material fly for you. Oh. And it works:thumb: No need to worry. And your trout rod will work for summer steelhead! There really is no need to make any of this fishing stuff complicated, but if you want to you can make it as complicated as you want. That's what makes it fun...
  12. Philster New Member

I will bring my magnum hair stacker just in case anyone brings slim jims. Hate it when the ends are uneven...
  13. Gary Knowels Active Member

Seattle, WA
    Sounds great. Thanks Phil! I plan on starting as simple as possible and adding layers of complexity as I get comfortable with each step in the process. It is this process involved in learning the sport that I enjoy.
  14. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    I'm bringing my hemostats with teeth and a bunch of really sharp hooks. I might even bring feathers with barbs on them!
  15. Philster New Member

I'll be tying pale mourning doves to fish in the ripples in the middle tine of the Snoqualmie!
  16. bushwacker Member

Shoreline, WA
    Great idea Jeff, I'd like to meet some of these guys on the net.
  17. scottflycst Active Member

Ozark Mtn springwater
    That's pretty good Phil. Do you practice that with a british accent?
  18. Philster New Member

Nope. I sound like your mind has always made the Monopoly Man sound.
  19. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +274 / 1
    Bushwacker is in. Just a warning, this will NOT be like the other club meetings.:rofl:
  20. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +181 / 0
    Jeff, I'll plan on it.

While I have a lot to learn about tying, I got the beer drinking down pat.

Steve