Foam for popper head

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Bubba, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a local source for 3/8" white foam cylinders. I need to tie up a few poppers for a trip next week, it is a little late for mail order.

Thanks in advance

Bob

[​IMG]

2. Puget sound fly Co or GH fly shop may have them.

3. GH fly shop??

4. Gig harbor fly shop, Sorry. Give them a call and see what they have, I know for sure they have medium size white popper/slider heads and a large black popper/slider head.

5. Avid anglers has them.

6. Went to Avid angler before I posted this, they don't have any.

Bob

7. touché

8. Waters West has them. I was just in there and saw them. Love the Banger with a stinger. One of my favorite flies for coho.

9. Its large rainys float foam, comes in one long piece, cut to size. I have seen it at sportsmans warehouse in fed way most recently, but I can't remember where I got mine

10. You mite also want to check Sportco!

11. you should love it, it's one of yours. Tony gave it to me a couple of weeks ago so I could copy it. It seemed to be the favorite last year. I procrastinated on getting the foam and now looking for some around here.

Bob

12. I'll give Sportsmans a look this afternoon, thanks.

Bob

13. Try a white flip flop cut with a razor and pierced with a bodkin. Your imagination is your only limit to head shape. :)

14. If you don't mind the color, you can buy round weather stripping by the role at most hardware stores. I've made some pretty cool bass poppers from it and use model airplane paint to make it the color I want. It's gray to begin with and comes in many diameters. Cheap, too.