NFR For True Gormands

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by miyawaki, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    How many of you tube steak afficianados know what a "white hot" is? It's the only hot dog that you should ever put ketchup on. And that yellow bile they call mustard, blehk! Guldens, Dijon, or some other real mustard should be used. IMNSHO...

2. constructeur

constructeur Active Member

Media:
    The corn dog is a mid west thang too. Pronto pup in Minnesota claims they made it first, though the Cozy Dog drive in claims the same (and sells. em' as cozy dogs.) I've had the cozy dog and it's one of three things I found to be edible our entire time out there.

..Maid-rite sandwiches we're o.k.( hamburger s.o.s.) , but I'm here to say that anyone that thinks the steamed pile of shit that White Castle calls a burger has broken taste buds!

3. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Media:
    I agree. What kind of American doesn't like Ketchup! Tomato, sugar and vinegar... ambrosia.

4. Patrick Gould

Media:
    While we're talking sausage I'm wondering if any one knows where to get the white brats that they serve in Cincinnati? Like many Ohioans I'm of German ancestry and lived in Cincinnati as a kid. Every summertime cookout included some of these delicious white sausages. We called them brats, but they might be metwurst or bockworst. In any case I can't find them anywhere in the NW.

5. JesseC

JesseC Active Member

Media:
    Bavarian meats in pike place market

Patrick Gould likes this.
  6. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

what is the name of place that makes these corndogs ???

7. Matt Baerwalde

Matt Baerwalde ...

Media:
    Pretty sure that's knackwurst.

Parma represent.

8. miyawaki

miyawaki Active Member

Don't know. It is a small trailer that sells ice cream in front of the grocery store at the top of the Pass. You can't miss it.

Leland.

9. Patrick Gould

Media:
    Lived in Parma Heights for a year in 3rd grade. I think you're right about the Knackworst.

10. dflett68

dflett68 Active Member

Media:
    salsa surpassed ketchup as america's most-consumed condiment decades ago. ketchup is just too sweet and bland for my communist sensibilities. take that vinegar and mix it with something spicy like a pepper or mustard-seed, and hold the corn syrup.

btw the corn dog in the op looked spectacular!

11. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Ketchup or not, Leland is right about one thing, these corndogs are the bees knees. I find it hard to not to get one each time I head over the pass. I also find it really hard not to burn myself once it's delivered. It's just too long to wait for it to cool down without getting the shakes in anticipation. If you like tube meat on a stick, I challenge you to find a better corn dog than these. My only reluctance in this thread is the possibility that a line might form as a result... BTW Leland, I dig the half and half combo on corndogs as well.

12. Lex Story

Lex Story Angler, Gastronomist, Artist, Jarhead, Geek

Actually I do get 'shakes' while I'm waiting for my corndog to cool down. Preferably the huckleberry, but strawberry is a close second. I'll take the consequences of a line forming if it means they will stay in business for a good long time.

Steffan Brown likes this.
  13. fishingcheftim

fishingcheftim Member

Media:
    Have been many times and love them.
    For me Mustard Only
    Chocolate Banana milkshakes

14. Jason Chadick

Jason Chadick A Fish, A Fish, A Fishy, Oh...

I'm with Jesse. Ketchup is the patriot act of condiments. Its merit may questionable, but it is necessary for the preservation of our freedom. Hell, I've been known to put ketchup on potato chips. Good on ya Leland, next time you hit that place up, mix a little mayo in with that ketchup/mustard combo and wash it down with a corn syrup based beverage. God bless.

15. Jason Chadick

Jason Chadick A Fish, A Fish, A Fishy, Oh...

On another note, I'm disappointed that no one has made mention of the fact that it is illegal in this great state of Washington to remove a corndog from the condiments for photographic purposes.

miyawaki likes this.
  16. Steffan Brown

Steffan Brown ...

Media:
    Yep, those are knackwurst. And Jesse is right about Bavarian Meats at Pike Place having them, among a plethora of other fine tubed meat products.

17. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Jim-Mayo and ketchup are my favorite condiments (on just about everything). How can you say that about mayo! Rick

18. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

Media:
    Curiousity finally compelled me to look at this thread. And now I realize that I've never, ever, eaten a corn dog. Hot dogs, yes, corn dogs, never had one. I usually try to avoid tube meat, having read that the varied ingredients include the floor sweepings in the butcher shop. Tried a few Costco dogs, but they bother my stomach, ketchup, mustard, and relish notwithstanding. I kinda' think tube meats are designed to unsettle the inner workings of the digestive system.

I'm OK with ketchup on dogs and hamburgers and meatloaf and french fries, but never on steak. I gave up on yellow mustard on my first Grand Ronde float trip, where I was introduced to Plochman's stone ground, with a bit of horseradish, where it was slathered on game hens that then were roasted over the campfire. And when the local grocers discontinued stocking it a few years ago, I began ordering it direct from the maker in Chicago.

Is there actually any kind of tube meat that is safe to eat?

Sg

19. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Now your talking! I always order a side of mayo with my fries so I can mix it up with ketchup-now THAT is a dip for fries! Rick