Force Fins

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Troutcreek, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Blue

Blue Active Member

Home Page:

OH you mean my FORMAL wear
    [​IMG]
    I was talking my everyday fins;)

dryflylarry, Mark Mercer and GAT like this.
  2. GAT

GAT Dumbfounded

Oddly enough, I owned a pair of adjustable Force Fins and every time I wore them, my legs would cramp up. Eventually, I switched back to full-foot scuba fins and the legs cramps disappeared. I sold the Force Fins.

I've tried many different fins and I always go back to the scuba style with the full foot. Guess I'm a weird duck.

3. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    Not so odd, no weird duck. Many of us know and appreciate the difference between the adjustable vs. the regular force fins.;) You have to compare apples to apples.

4. skyrise

skyrise Active Member

force fins are great. got some Outcast fins to try this year. like that i can wear my boots with the Outcast. not as good as Force fins for movement.

5. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

Media:
    I've had a pair of Force Fins since the early/mid 90s before they made the adjustable boot fins. I really like them for stillwater and they propel me pretty well in my old U-Boat and my Water Master. I think they would be too long for wearing in rivers and use Outcast, or Water Master felted/studded boot fins for that.

When wearing the Force Fins over a pair of lightweight Orvis booties I had to be careful not to allow my foot to curl over on the up-kick or would tend get painful cramps in my feet because the sole had so little support. I recently bought a pair of 6mm Seasoft Ti Stealth Dive Booties with some very substantial soles designed to provide support while carrying SCUBA gear over rocky shores. I wear a size 11 street shoe but had to get a XXL - 13/14 bootie to fit over my waders. But I found they are still painfully tight if I wear a thick pair of socks or two that I would normally wear with wading boots, so on my next stillwater outing next month I am going to see if the 9mm of wader/bootie neoprene and the booties' "Titanium Flake Foil Technologyâ„¢ for heat retention" over a thin liner sock will be enough to keep my feet warm. If not I'll have my heavy socks, wading boots, and Outcast fins as a backup and put the Force Fins and booties up for sale and pick up a pair of Adjustable Force Fins or Omegas.