Forks weather question

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by BrianT, Jan 9, 2014.

1. BrianT Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +11 / 0
    Hi all,

The family and I are headed out to La Push this weekend. My plan has of course been to take my rod and try to squeeze in a little bit of fishing. It looks like there is going to be a pretty substantial rain event tomorrow (2-3''). Even though rivers have been low, I suspect that this will probably blow them out, right? If so, can anyone offer a little insight as to what may still fish marginally well, or perhaps what river is quickest to clear. I'm definitely taking my gear regardless, and I will judge things for myself once we're out there. I've only fished out there once, so I have little to no knowledge of those systems. It was just be nice to hear some thoughts from those that know those rivers better than I do. Thanks in advance.

Brian
  2. Evan Virnoche Guest

Ratings: +0 / 0
    im thinking your sol fishing wisse
  3. Evan Virnoche Guest

4. Sean Beauchamp Hot and Heavy at yer 6

Shoreline, WA, U.S.
    Ratings: +461 / 1
  5. jake-e-boy Active Member

Kennewick
    Ratings: +206 / 0
    Hoh will be blown by tomorrow, already at 3,000 CFS with more rain on the way, start lurking USGS water data site
  6. Stonefish Triploid and Humpy Hater

Pipers Creek
    Ratings: +1,260 / 1
    Looks like a blow out weekend based on the forecast. If by chance anything is close to being in
    shape, think smaller and higher up in the systems.
    Since you are going to be out there anyway, might be a good weekend to cruise around and explore spots for future trips.
    SF
    Andrew Lawrence likes this.
  7. Evan Virnoche Guest

i reccomend the twilight tour
    NateTreat likes this.
  8. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +426 / 0
    Is that where the AV came from? If so, I'm totally signing up.
  9. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,610 / 0
    BrianT,

The rivers are blown, or soon will be. The upper Sol Duc and Calawah drop and clear fastest. If you have wifi where you're staying, keep checking the gages.

Sg