FOUND - 3/14/11 Rod/Reel Combo @ Yakima Boat Launch

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by Jason Decker, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Today (3/14/11) I saw an older couple at a popular boat launch on the Yakima River loading up a pontoon boat in their vehicle. They drove off and left a rod/reel combo and another item, which I haven taken to Red's Fly Shop.

If this is your rod, please pm me your contact information and I will help you get it back. I didn't want to leave it there as there were some non-fishing people who pulled up. I thought this was the best way to make sure it gets back to the rightful owner.

The rod has a very personal inscription on it, so that will be necessary to ID the owner.

JD

2. An honest man reaps his true rewards. Well done JD.

3. Good job man, Good to know that there is still honesty in this world. Especially, during these times of economic hardship. Your reward will come back to you, 10 fold. I'm sure that gear means a lot to the owner. Again, good job.

4. if you read the inscription as i have, then you'd see this is just par for the course, nothing more.

5. And that makes "par for the course" the benchmark and an excellent standard. I doubt that the inscription is your only motivation for attempting to find the rightful owner. If the owner is located, I hope you will share the inscription. It sounds like it was very moving.

Again, well done.

6. You may also want to post a sign up where you found it. Chances are he will come back looking for it, if hasn't done so already

7. Nicely done Jason. Or, if Jason is not at the launch any time soon, someone else headed that way can post a sign to contact Red's?

...how was the fishing?

8. i found the set up at Ringer

9. Update! The owner was found and he picked up the rod from the guys at Red's Fly Shop.

FYI - the rod inscription read: "Dad's Montana Special" which tells you it's not replaceable and even if it was regular off the shelf set up, it still is good to help out when you can.

JD

10. Cool Jason! If I ever have a senior moment and leave something behind...I hope you find it! Good job!

11. Very glad to hear it was recovered.
    Well done laddie!