Found a nice Silver way up yonder

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by James Harrington, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Took a kayak out up North. Proved to be quite worthwhile.

Attached Files:

2. Nice fish!

3. Holy smokes - fatty! Were you trolling or casting and stripping? congratulations - one of the nicest this year! I fish from a yak too - awesome way to hunt the water.:)

4. Very nice fish! Well done!

5. Tony, it was basically a combo cast/strip/troll for that particular fish. Saw fish jumping; launched the 'yak; got out 30-40 yards and threw a cast; stripped a bit to remove the slack; began to propel the boat forward, stripped again to remove some more slack, and while stripping...bingo.

Hooked and landed multiple more fish. Some on the drag, some on cast and strip. Where I happened to be, they were totally keyed on sand lance and small ones 1.5"-2" max. Most casts resulted in either a hook up or the nerve wracking experience of watching 3-4 BIG silvers follow the fly to the yak. As far as dragging the fly behind the yak, I couldn't go more than 2 minutes without a strike.

Straight cray.

6. Thanks for sharing - awesome day on the water!

7. Nice work! Jealous that you were up there while I am stuck at work. Nice fish.

8. That sounds like an amazing day on the water!!

9. Now that's a Chubby ;)... good going.

10. That shit cray

11. Nice belly on that fish

12. Way to go! I was up north in my kayak Sunday - casting only....and saw a few nice sized fish jumping - but that one's an extra fatty - no hookups for me.