FOUND: Sage fly fishing rod, Hillsboro OR

Discussion in 'Lost, Found, Stolen' started by Keane, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Keane

Keane New Member

Hi all-
    I don't fish or anything, so I have basically zero knowledge of fly fishing stuff.

However, I found a tube case with a Sage brand fly fishing rod in it (no reel it seems, but otherwise potentially complete?) while walking the street in Hillsboro Oregon. I surmise that these are expensive objects and imagine the owner would want it back!

I've asked a few people who live on the street where I found it (though it is a busy street), contacted the police (who told me they'd let me know if anyone files a report), posted a craigslist ad, contacted Sage with the serial number, and sent emails out to many of the employees of a major company on the street, but no one seems to know who this belongs to!

I was hoping that you guys would have more ideas! Is there a good place (on this forum or another?) to post info about the rod where the owner would likely see it?

2. Old406Kid

Old406Kid Active Member

Kudos for your efforts!

3. Andrew Shoemaker

Andrew Shoemaker Active Member

Thats really awesome to hear there are still good people out there. On behalf of the fly fishing community thanks so much for all your work trying to find the owner.

4. underachiever

underachiever !

Media:
    What a class act!

You might post this on ifish.net as well.

5. Alosa

Alosa Active Member

Wow! Good on you for trying to find the owner. Most people would just take it without asking questions.

On a side note - thanks for finding my rod, I'll PM you with an address and a reward (do you accept candy as payment?).;)

6. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

I'd like to claim it. It's a sage fly fishing rod 4 pieces and it was in a tube. I lost it on the street in Hillsboro Oregon. Please let me know when I can get it. Thanks.

"Only when the last tree has been felled, the last river poisoned and the last fish caught, man will know that he cannot eat money."

Get Some likes this.