Free "fire"wood

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Evan Burck, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Indeed. I always run into that guy. Saw him this weekend. With or without firewood, all-all around good guy.

that evan guy's alright too.

2. That's an Atlantic salmon. You can tell by the lighter coloration on the top. Nice specimen. The one in the background looks like it's pretty spawned out. BTW, not to be a dick, but you should show some respect for the resource and not hold them out of the water like that. Sorry, just my .02

Edit-just looked closer and saw they don't have an adipose twig. My bad. Bonk and enjoy.

3. Conifer, certainly a conifer. C is for Conifer, over five hundred kinds.

4. And wagering that the I heard Dudes is 100% OrangeRadish.

5. You can tell my handwriting? Yep. CB thought it was a good one.

6. Odd. Most conifers go up in blaze of glory. Unless its some Nomex hybrid I would try rubbing it down with some good ol' fish oil.

7. So I sent a pic of the wood to a friend who loves to burn shit. He said it's most likely sweet pine, burns like crap, and should be left street side labeled "FREE".

8. get the ember going and get a bag put gas in bag not to much stand back toss fire started.

9. l

o

l

10. dude thats fir, it could still be internally wet inside and about 60% seasoned, it needs to be a least 80-100% seasoned.

Try splitting them down to 1" diameter sticks x 8" long and cross 4 sticks 4 layers high like tick-tac-toe ON-TOP of lots of dry ripped non-gloss news paper or fire starter and it will but to 300 deg in 20 minutes. I know, this is how I start my wood stove every morning for my family before I leave for work. It only takes 30 minutes to get to 400 deg, then add 2 or 3 3" BIG diameter logs in and good to go.

Start small,med then BIG wood. It literally only takes 30 minutes to get to 400+ degrees.

11. It's frigging Hemlock. Sucks sometimes..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.