NFR Freedom isn't free.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Citori, Jul 3, 2013.

1. Citori Piscatorial Engineer

Federal Way, WA
    Ratings: +118 / 0
    Tomorrow we will celebrate the anniversary of our independence and freedom from tyranny. It's a good reminder to recognize and thank those who volunteer to serve and protect us and keep us free to pursue our happiness.

RIP Granite Mountain Hotshot Crew 19, and for #20, Brendan McDonough who will carry a lifetime of survivor's guilt for doing his job, I offer thanks and the sincere hope that you can find peace.
  2. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +895 / 0
    Amen; Can't add anything to this!
  3. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +518 / 0
    Hear hear. Thank em every chance ya get... not just on holidays. Freedom indeed is NOT free. Thanks for the post, Citori.
  4. Klickrolf Active Member

Klickitat, Washington
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    RIP to the crew and thanks for your service/sacrifice! I'm sorry it worked out this way, very sorry and hope the survivor can find his way through life without always looking back!!

Freedom from tyranny isn't in the cards though. How many of us are better off because the government makes our decisions for us? I'm joining the nearest "tea party" I can find and will stick with them until my life is over. This July 4th will have more meaning to me than any I've lived through before. Freedom isn't Free! Are you willing to fight for your freedom? Do you know what freedom is? Do you even care?
    ribka likes this.
  5. Danielocean Steelhead Virgin

Monroe
    Ratings: +645 / 0
    Thank you to all who have served this country, and let us sustain this wonderful thing called freedom. Also, thank you to all those who will be going down range in the future.
    Bill Aubrey and ribka like this.
  6. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +683 / 0
    Thanks to all those who have signed & those who continue to sign "the blank check."
    Bill Aubrey likes this.
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +786 / 1
    Ditto. I urge everyone to take 10 minutes out of your day and read the Declaration of Independence. It's not that long a read and it is a great reminder of the specific reasons the founding 13 states (colonies) joined together in what had to be one of the most daring (dare I say ballsy) decisions of their lifetimes...success meant freedom and failure continued life under tyranny. They too deserve our salute and gratitude.
    ribka likes this.