Fresh and Salt Face to Face Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ed Call, Apr 13, 2009.

1. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    if this is going to be a Kitsap get together i am in. Seems like Voodiez wouldnt be a bad place seeing as we already have a few of the group that meets there...
  2. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +285 / 0
    ok me too
  3. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I say we meet on the Yak!
  4. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +105 / 0
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    No worries Daryle.

Big E, we'll wrap this one about a month before you get here. When you arrive let me know and we'll try another one.

Check Post #1 for the updates...mark your calendar as appropriate. Get to tying!
  6. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    OK, so let me be the first to post a conflict :eek: I won't be able to make the scheduled date and time, so was wondering if we could bump it one day back to Friday the 15? Will this work? I would hate to miss out.bawling:

Thanks guys!
    Matthew
  7. sean_k Active Member

Spanaway Wa.
    Ratings: +25 / 0
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I'm cool with that. How about it all?
  9. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Either works for me! Glad it was not too much later than that, since I'm trying to plan a trip to Wisconsin to pick up my puppy at the end of May.
  10. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
    Friday is OK for me.
  11. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    I will post the second conflict, how about that saturday?
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Dang you guys are like a bunch of little girls. I thought that a week day would be a better option than a weekend but since it is an open discussion...

I'm okay for whatever works the best for the most. Remember this is a swap with a twist and it might take another level of committment, plan alignment and such. Keep the preferences flowing.

Would a meeting nearer the ferry on Bainbridge or in Kingston be better for those traveling from the outer reaches of Kitsap and from across the pond? Just thinking in print.
  13. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Yes, but I will go with the majority on this one. Now, what to tie?
  14. Ben Waldschmidt Member

I agree that a week night would be best, why not pick 2 or so dates and then everyone can vote on which day will be the day? A majority wins type deal.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Two items for a simple majority decision...

1) We will meet face to face to hand over flies on Wednesday May 13th or Friday May 15th at 6pm.

2) We will meet in downtown Poulsbo at Voodiez or in downtown Winslow at Doc's on agreed upon date from above at 6pm.

I know the variable of making this face to face will make this take a bit more planning and committment. I appreciate everyone for entering and coming up with a best for most solution.

The OUT CLAUSE...if you can't meet on the date selected then you must coordinate an earlier meeting with me. I'll probably still buy you a beer if there is time. I'll then hand your flies out when the majority group meets. Thanks again.
  16. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    May 15 is ok by me as 1st choice. May 13 is ok also.
  17. Ben Waldschmidt Member

May 13 1st choice
    May 15 2nd choice

Don't really know the area, so I can't really give an opinion on the place, as long as the beers cold!
  18. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
    I am working 4-12 on Wednesday, so Friday is my choice.
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Rob, at what market did you buy that avatar fish? Although Friday is not the apparent first choice it seems doable by most that have posted a reply thus far. I'll await to hear from more of our swappers. If that Friday, the 15th of May does not work for you speak up now please.
  20. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Friday is my first choice. I will be in Vancouver on Wednesday fishing for some steel!