Fresh and Salt Face to Face Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ed Call, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Dinker, nice flies. I like the squirrel on the skunk!
  2. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Whatever time works for you, I should be able to swing. I think Mumbles said its about a 20-30 min. drive from the ferry, plus a bunch of people will be commuting around that time of day. So I'd say the earlier the better, plus they serve beer on the ferries
  3. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    the friday afternoon ferries are packed. if you arent there 30-45 min early it is doubtful that you will make the boat.
  4. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +226 / 3
    A good Friday rule of thumb is "try to take one ferry earlier than you need". That way if it's full you still can get on the one that gets you there on time. If you happen to catch the earlier one, well then you're ahead of the game.
  5. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    i am not 100% on this but i think it is also Viking Fest weekend in Pouslbo which means there will be even more people on the boats.
  6. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    :rofl::rofl:

It turns out I have to work downtown on that Friday, which throws a wrench into my plans :mad: The only way I can think of this working is this: Walk on ferry from downtown Seattle to Bainbridge, have a ride to Poulsbo from the dock. Then catch a ride from someone returning back to seattle. If possible have them drop me off in Wedgwood, Lake City.

So for me to make this work I need:
    1. a ride from Bainbridge
    2. a ride back across the water to N. Seattle.

Any takers???
  7. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Dinker,

I can do the Bainbridge-poulsbo portion (could also drop you back at the ferry if that would help)

Rob
  8. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Robast, if you can pick-up/drop off Dinker and I, I can can Dinker back to Lake City area on my way up from shoreline.

Kelvin, what are your plans?

We (us near seattle) need to get everything finalized, friday will be coming soon
  9. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Robast and Ben, that sounds perfect! Now we will need to pick a time. I haven't looked at the schedule yet, but I can peel out of work a little early to try and make a ferry by around 5pm since I'll be walking there. Yeah! I'm glad this will work out. I was thinking it wasn't going to happen. I'll PM you both my cell # so we can stay in touch en route too.

Cheers,
    Matthew
  10. Ben Waldschmidt Member

11. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    i think I can do that Ben. The office is probably only 10 minutes or so from the ferry, but I'll leave myself plenty of time. Do we have someone to drive us back to the ferry too???
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Not only a face to face fly swap but also a multifaceted well choreographed set of travel plans. Who said fly fisherman can't multitask? Does anyone need a ride from me or am I good to take the girls home then return to Poulsbo for the meet and greet.

Ben, have you and Matt had a chance to meet so you can bring his flies? Matt, have you met with Ben or Matthew to hand over flies? Is there any evening this week that you and I can meet up if you've been unable to meet up with either of them?
  13. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    I think 4:40 would be the best boat, but you guys may need to wait a little, as I will have to wait for the babysitter to come (5:30). Once the sitter is here it will only take me 5 minutes to get down to the dock, then we can cruise up to Poulsbo. Works better that way anyway, to let the traffic clear out a bit.
  14. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    I am totally fine with waiting. It's not really that long anyway. More time to get my fishing stories straight before seeing everyone ;)
  15. Ben Waldschmidt Member

Mumbles, Matt and I are meeting tomorrow evening to exchange the flies. Seems like everything is falling into place! :thumb:
  16. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Mumbles, Ben and I are meeting tomorrow evening to exchange the flies. Seems like everything is falling into place! :thumb:
  17. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Matt, what the hell, are you a parrot? How about I recap? Ben and Matt are meeting tomorrow evening to exchange the flies. Seems like everything is falling into place!

I guess I better get of the laptop and turn off the UFC and get to tying the flies that still remain on my to do list.
  18. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    go back to Mumbles... who the hell is Ed Call??? ;)

see you guys friday...
  19. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +275 / 0
    I have a meeting now in the afternoon
    and will only be able to manage getting myself there
    see ya there
  20. Kerfwappie Member

Poulsbo, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Yeah... go back to Mumbles... "Ed Call" sounds too much like "Head Call", as in "I hafta make a head call!". Sorry man, but it is what it is.