friend and his kids on the water

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Peyton00, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

Media:
    Fished on Saturday. Picked up this fish on the first pass. Had a great day overall. Kids traded off turns battling the big fish and the weather was perfect. 006.jpg

2. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Nice. Some of those large hatchery lake 'bows that get stocked in the lakes are of steelhead origin. That sure looks like one! Nice fish! Your friends kids sure are showing awesome smiles.

3. Peyton00

Peyton00 Active Member

Media:
    '

Jim that lake is close to home for ya, let me know if you want to go.

4. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Thanks, Peyton00,. I would actually like to be fishing with someone else along. Later in the summer, maybe. How was the water surface temp? This is the time of year when I'd normally quit fishing the shallower (less than20' deep) local lakes. I quit C&R fishing the lakes (and hit my local tidal creeks and estuaries) when the surface temp goes above 65 F. I did get in one good day (the Monday after opening weekend) where i released 5 large beauties similar to that one, and hooked more. We also found some wild coastal cutthroat. Was a very good day, and the last time I went fishing.

Right now I am making appointments to see my cardiologist for "outpatient treatment." I suffered a "minor" heart attack in May, and was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. Have arrhythmia, atrial fibrillation, and possibly a leaky, sloshy valve. Doc is checking for that next week.
    Doc has me on this stuff warfarin, which prevents my blood from clotting. For me, it also has the side-effect of causing my thighs, calves, ankles, and feet to swell up badly, so i've been put on a "No-to-low salt diet" and must also avoid foods high in vitamin K. I'm only allowed 1 liter of water or other fluids a day, and I'm taking a bunch of different diuretics, potassium, magnesium, as well as other pills. I take 6 in the morning after breakfast, and 3 in the evening after dinner.
    I must avoid getting cut, or overdoing anything to where my heart starts beating too rapidly. So i've been keeping myself on a short leash. All my outdoor projects are on hold, and my summer plans have been altered. At least my house is getting better organized!
    I'll be back in the game. I'm defeating the swelling. I'm even ordering new camping gear and fly rods! Now i just have to sit down and tie some flies! Thanks for asking, but I'm not yet ready to resume fishing, paddling flat water, doing any carpentry or landscaping, or even riding my FatBike on the beach.

Anyway, That is one fine looking trout, an I'm glad your friend's kids got to enjoy battling such a beasty!