NFR From North to South (of the border, that is...)

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jordan Simpson, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Jordan Simpson

Jordan Simpson Active Member

Media:
    Hey fisherpeople. I know I signed up here on WFF years and years ago, and that I lurked for a long time, and that I've just recently become more involved over the last year or so, but I have to say, this is the best forum I'v ever joined.
    Living more North than most of the members on here, I have to say that we've shared some good info, intel, photo's, reports, and laughs.

This was just driven home to me recently as I've been having a disagreement with the admin from flybc.

I posted a 'spotted' in their forum on Allen, that they are blowing out their Alpha II's at $99 and the admin deleted the post and wrote me a PM in regards to them not being a forum sponsor so I wasn't allowed to suggest them. WTF. I never linked to their site. I simply said I've used the reels, their at a great price and are a great product- and that times might be tough and that they offer a solution to a great reel.
    He wrote back saying it's the cost of business. Cost of business?
    They pay for ad space- and they get it. They don't pay for ME to suggest them if I've never used them and have no opinion of them. If one of the site sponsors had a great thing to offer and I could honestly stand behind it- then yeah, I'd suggest them. But I am not going to bow down and suggest a site sponsor that I've never used.

I almost wrote back to him saying "Fine, f-k you, I'm going back to WFF", then I figured he wasn't worth it and came back here.

On this forum, I've asked some pretty noob questions which were replied to with a lot of help. I've asked for intel on foreign locales and got great responses and suggestions. I've scored some awesome deals through the classifieds, and have seen and even posted some 'spotted' adds.
    Everyone on here has been great to me over the years, and I'm glad to call this forum my 'home'.
    It just sucks that my 'local' forum is run that way as most of my more 'backyard' waters are discussed on it, but I don't even want to be a part of something like that.
    I might not live in Washington, or fish down here with you guys, but the 'times' we've spent online together are second to none.
    So from one forum member North of the border to you all South, thanks for everything you all do, share, and contribute.

Merry Christmas,

Jordan

2. Chris Johnson

Chris Johnson Member: Native Fish Society

Nice to have you on the forum, thank you for your kind words.

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Sorry to hear of your rub up north. I enjoy your comments here !