FS: boat and trailer

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by SpeySpaz, Jan 12, 2009.

1. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    I have to make room in my garage.
    12 foot Hewes, rated for up to 10hp
    leaks not a drop. Humminbird depthfinder. Oars, lifejackets, etc included.

I did an overhaul on the boat several years ago and decked it forward, added flotation and built-in storage, pre-wired for electric motor and has a battery box forward, etc.
    old, funky, cool and unique little boat.

I've used it on the Sound, towed it to Leech lake, been all over with it. just haven't used it in a couple years.
    It's on a little flatbed, bearings replaced two years ago but barely used since. BearingBuddies.

400$.
    I also have a 40# Minnkota, used three times, 50$ to go with boat
    and a 5hp Merc 2 stroke, about 50 hrs, I bought it new in 2005 I think for 1200$- 700$ won't get her up on plane but moves it along OK

no pictures to post, I don't even know how...don't bother asking.:beathead:
    I live in Roy and am easy to get to if you want a look.
    Bob
  2. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    "shameless bump":rofl:
  3. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Bump-
    I'll throw in the Minnkota and let it go for 350-
    Bob
  4. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +495 / 2
    I know you said "don't ask" but I've got to tell you, pictures would help a lot with this sort of thing. Unless you just happen to find someone who lives close by, you are really limiting your potential customers. I know I wouldn't drive out to Roy just to take a look at something that might or might not be what I wanted.
  5. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    i know Josh, I'm just not set up for taking pix and posting them right now...don't have adigital camera, software or any of that. Only reason I have any pix at all is a friend takes some on occasion while we're fishing, and emails to me.
    maybe I can talk him into doing that for me, but definitely not this week.

Oly/Tacoma's here, Ft Lewis is nearby, and I'm sure someone local will be interested.
    I can hook up and drag it out to a meeting spot if needed too.

thanks for the input Josh, you're right.
    Bob
  6. ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Eagle River, Alaska
    Ratings: +112 / 0
    I'd so buy that if I lived in Seattle
  7. Peter Pancho Active Member

Gig Harbor,WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    can you maybe find a boat similar on the web that "looks like" your boat,motor,year,etc. and cut and paste a link dude? Is it an extra 400$ for both motors or is it 400$ for boat AND both motors?

what does "old,funky,cool look like in detail?"

I live about 30 minutes from you.. thanks
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,325 / 9
    SS, is it something like this? Sorry, but the Hewes web page did not have a ton of photos...

Attached Files:

9. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    sorry about my lack of clarity guys
    believe it or not it's a '65 hewes, I think Mumbles HIT the picture as far as the hull, and it doesn't leak a drop, not a single loose rivet in the transom either. Thanks Mumbles!
    small, seaworthy, and my most recent offer is 350$ including a 40# Minnkota electric that cost me like 140$ year before last. good depthfinder, oars, lifejackets, etc. and on a trailer with good bearings, 2 yr old with bearing buddies.
    I did a bunch of modification to it a few years back- built in seat, flotation, storage,etc in finished pine, with a deck and hatch, battery box forward. I used to take my grandkids out in it when they were little. I wired the depthfinder in and prewired for the motor for convenience. It's an especially comfortable little craft for fishing stillwaters, but I've had it out on the Sound too...just watch for the scow wakes!
    wish I had pix, I'll try to get some after I get back from OR Tues.
    also for sale...not included...
    the other motor is a nearly new 5hp Merc 2-stroke, few hours. I think I bought it new in '05, I have all the papers in my mancave someplace.
    It would be a good kicker for a boat up to 16', or a main for this one but don't expect to get up on plane with it. Unless you're way skinnier than me...:rofl:
    thanks for the interest guys, I live in Roy and can tow it out to you for a look, within reason...or come hang out with the Spaz for a bit and see it at my place.
    thanks, Bob
    Peter, all I can tell you is...yup, it's old cool and funky! six built-in rod holders, underseat storage, 600# hand-foamed flotation funky. with full on handcrafted retro flair. what can I say, it's a genuine SpazCraft (TM)
  10. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    SpeySpaz.
    Can you please PM me your phone number? (Looks like you're out of town at the moment) I'm on Whidbey and you're in Roy - and that's a good thing because I'd have purchased this boat if not for the distance! Driving my truck to Roy may cost as much as the dang boat ha-ha...

Anyway, I am interested, but don't tell my wife yet! If I buy this I'll have to figure out how to get rid of my little smokercraft. Maybe I'll leave it at the Lone Lake boat launch: first come first serve basis for those looking to minimize ferry costs!

Jeff
  11. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    done, Jeff.
    I'll be around today and tomorrow, but I got a unique opportunity to fish with one of the Godfathers of Skagit on his home waters on Monday, so I won't be here.
    One more reason to be grateful to MLK>
  12. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hey Spaz,

I'm definitely interested. Will you be available either Saturday or Sunday 17th & or 18th?

Question: How stable is the boat for fly casting? Can you stand up & cast without tipping over or falling overboard - us old guys ya know, hehe?:rolleyes:

Jc (You can PM me if you want to!)
  13. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    yup jc,
    I've caught many a trout standing up in it; when on oars it's pretty stealthy for sneaking up on surface feeders and fishing dries, especially since you can row standing up too. Also comfy for sitting and staring at an indicator. I have seat cushions, the cheap throwables, for that.
    on the Sound I tended to keep my CG down though, I was mostly trolling/mooching in those days anyway.
    I'd say a little boat is safer in protected waters in the Sound, don't try to cross Rosario in a 12'er!

I'll PM my phone #
    Bob
  14. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +349 / 0
    Bob,
    This post is NOT just a BUMP for the Hewes - I wanted to say Thank You for having me over yesterday to see the SpeySpazCraft - VERY COOL vintage hewes with well thougth out modifications for the fisherman! Just too small for a guy with 2 kids that enjoy hitting the lake with Dad....

Great coffee and WOW the Mancave! You've set the bar for me.

BTW: Only 2 HOURS in Cabelas. Very cool, and wouldn't you know it, I ran into my old college roomate in the Fly Room.
  15. Joe Fitzpatrick Member

Puyallup, WA
    Guys,

I was over at Speyspaz's place and checked out the boat as well. Very vintage and very cool boat. This would be a great small water boat!!! The modifications that he made are very cool and for the price, I think it's a great deal. The minnkota alone is worth the price...I'd buy it if I didnt already have 4 boats...:eek:

Bob.....Let me know if you want me to stop by and take some photos for you.....It's the least I can do for you brother.
  16. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Very, very cool boat for sure. The only thing preventing me from taking it was certain, uhm, last minute changes in a family situation. That's a perfect boat for a loner llike meself.....:thumb:

Jc:)
  17. SpeySpaz still an authority on nothing

Roy, WA
    Guys, I just got the shivers. Thanks MUCHO for your kind posts:thumb:
    I feel privileged to have been able to meet you all and get to know you a little bit, and I'm glad you liked it...when I didn't get many replies to the ad I started thinking, you know, maybe I'm fooling myself or something, but a consensus seems to have already developed, it really IS cool funky and unique!

Joe, I'm psyched brother. please, next time you're in the neighborhood with your camera handy, please stop by. pictures would be awesome!

take it light, everybody:)
    Spaz
  18. jcnewbie Member

Kent, Washington
    Dang! I didn't even think about taking pictures when I was there, Spaz....and I had the camera in the truck, er, okay, mini-van but then you were runnin' outta' time too!!

Maybe that's a good thing though -- 'cuz if you wuz' tah post pictures of that little beauty somebody'll snap 'er right up and then I'd hafta' hunt for another one!:rofl::rofl:

Jc:)
  19. Joe Fitzpatrick Member

Puyallup, WA
    Not to steel Bob's thread, but I'll be taking pictures for him this weekend, so be ready for pics of his boat guys............
  20. Joe Fitzpatrick Member

Puyallup, WA
    Here are the pictures for Speyspaz's Boat.....

Now someone buy this boat!!!! It's one heck of a deal and a very nice setup!!

Attached Files: