funny story

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Bob Rankin, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Ratings: +167 / 1
    So I went coyote hunting the other day with a guy I met on another forum. Had a good day, saw 3 yotes and got one. As far as hunting partners go he brought a lot of skills and advice. We hunted from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm and covered a lot of ground. I did not call the wife all day and she was kind of freaked out that I was on a man date with a guy I met on internet, on a site called( predator masters )! So this is we're the humour comes in. Then last night we had a dinner party with a bunch of non hunting friends that thought it would be great to make fun of me all night for ( man dating on Predator masters)! I like to think I'm pretty clever, but that had never occurred to me! They also got a good laugh at my subscription to predator extreme magazine. That's not weird is it.......All in all it was funny as hell. We have a good time and I don't think it will stop my internet man dating:)
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    man dating...predators...:eek:
  3. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Don't knock it till you try it:)
  4. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +629 / 0
    I'll fish/hunt with you any time, Bob, but no cuddling, lol.
  5. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    Ratings: +959 / 1
    I was in the Navy and mostly on wimmin bereft islands. I knew a guy who went on a date with a gooney bird. In his defense alcohol was involved. I told him the bird couldn't hold it's liquor.
    Islander likes this.
  6. Old406Kid Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +84 / 0
    All this and spending a month at a time on a boat to it too?:D
    Funny story.
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  7. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +629 / 0
    Hand-gripping will be permitted dependent on terrain and my infirmities if/when I fall down . . .
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  8. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA
    Good stuff all! I guess if you can't laugh at your self right.....
    Man date.. you've all done it, just maybe not on a predator hunting web site:)

(I mean no offence by any of this, I just think it's funny as hell!)
  9. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Luckily my wife hasn't started with the "man date" thing. When I go off to hunt, fish or brew beer :D, with Scott, Rick & Roper, she makes a comment about me "going out to play with my little friends".
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  10. Rick Todd Active Member

Ferndale/Winthrop
    Ratings: +236 / 0
    Well Steve-at least she doesn't call us your "elderly" friends, or "large friends". :) Another funny story about internet friends. A couple years ago, Jim Jacobs (Troutmaster) Jamie and Jose, all people I met on WFF, were coming for the weekend to our Winthrop place. Can't remember if Scott Salzer was there as well. Told Patty to expect them, and I took off for the hardware store. When they arrived she pretended she knew nothing about these strange guys spending the weekend with us. She strung Jim etc along for a couple minutes as they grew ever more uncomfortable until her laughing gave her away just about the time I got back from the hardware store. I can just imagine the look on Jim's face!
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  11. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA

Islander
    My wife and friends never gave me shit about meeting up with dude's to fish, it all started with hunting! I just think of it as hiking with guns. On a "man date";)
  12. Trustfunder Active Member

rock creek
    Ratings: +71 / 0
    Good for your Bob, some of the best days were spent without a shot with friends, and a supporting wife to come back home too... consider yourself lucky.
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  13. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    If I'm correct Bob, you have an excess of estrogen in your household. A man-date every so often serves to balance things out. Either a man-date or a small tree out in your back yard to pee on when the hormone balance is out of whack.
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  14. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    1Karl\'s Upland. 012.JPG If this friend of mine finds out I posted this, he's going to be really pissed...
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  15. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA

I sure do have a house full of estrogen! They are kind of interested in my hobbies which is cool, but a guy needs a man husband for all occasions like ,fishing, hunting, and all around mantastic adventures and you don't have to limit your self to one man husband you can have many! That's why man dating is so important you have to see if they will make the cut to be worthy of being a man husband:)
  16. Bob Rankin Active Member

Yakima, WA

That's great Upton

A couple dude's sharing a bromantic moment!!
  17. zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Moses Lake, WA
    What happens on hunting trips, stays on hunting trips. No embarrassing stories at home.
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  18. scottr Active Member

Chasing trout and birds
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    I met one of my best hunting buddies on the internet. He is also the owner of the sire & dam of my new English Setter puppy so I guess that makes him my doggy daddy :D
    Bob Rankin likes this.
  19. triploidjunkie Active Member

Grand Coulee, WA
    Ratings: +1,260 / 0
    This thread kinda has alot of estrogen;)
    Bob Rankin likes this.