G Loomis GLX classic repair Service?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Pat Kiernan, Oct 30, 2013.

1. Pat Kiernan Member

Cork Ireland
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have a question wonder if anyone here could offer advice or comment please. I broke the tip of my 10 foot 6 wt 2 piece GLX classic rod this september playing a 2 lb sea trout. It broke about a foot from the top with no great pressure. Anyhow I emailed G Loomis in the USA and they told me to contact Felindre/shimano in the UK. This I did and was told to send the rod to them and they would replace the tip for 96 pounds sterling which works out at 154 dollars before postage( this would cost another 25 dollars as its a 2 piece). Now the rod was supposed to have a lifetime guarantee I wonder would the cost of replacing the tip be the same in the USA ? The only other rod I ever broke/damaged was a sage rplxi which was repaired and posted to the USA no questions they were a pleasure to deal with and asked for 50 dollars all in. The thing that annoyed me about dealing with them is they didn't answer 3 emails and when I phoned them they said the rod breaking was down to me even though they had never seen it . Has anyone broken a GLX had it repaired what was your experience? I will get it repaired but is this a fair price? any thoughts welcome from you in the country of loomis!! thanks pat
  2. Porter Active Member

Kenmore, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +511 / 0
    Sucks not to be an american sometimes......

WARRANTY

G.Loomis Limited Lifetime Warranty
    G.Loomis rods, custom rod blanks and Syncrotech fly reels are covered by a limited warranty against defects in workmanship and materials for the lifetime of the original owner. GL pushpoles, Venture (Adventure) fly reels, Premier Rods (PMR) and GL fly rod outfits are covered against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase. Sales receipt or proof of purchase required.

• PLEASE NOTE: THIS WARRANTY PAGE ONLY APPLIES TO CUSTOMERS RESIDING IN NORTH AMERICA.

Web Warranty Form U.S

For U.S. Customers Send Directly to:

GLoomis, Inc.
    Warranty Service
    1359 Down River Drive
    Woodland, WA 98674

[IMG] G.Loomis Web Warranty Form USA 2012.pdf

Web Warranty Form Canada

For Canadian Customers Send Directly to:

SHIMANO CANADA LTD.
    427 Pido Rd.
    Peterborough,ON. K9J 6X7

[IMG] G Loomis Warranty Form 2012 Canada.pdf

[IMG] G Loomis Warranty Form 2012 Canada French.pdf

G.Loomis Rods:
    covered by a limited lifetime warranty against defects in workmanship and materials

• The GLoomis factory will inspect the rod to determine cause of breakage

• For Damage determined to have occurred due to defect, GLoomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge

• Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired or replaced for a specific fee.

• A full estimate will be provided for your approval before any fees are levied.

For warranty claims:

• Ship the damaged rod in a disposable container, prepaid and insured, along with a completed copy of our Web Warranty Return Form.

G Loomis Rod Blank Warranty
    [IMG] G Loomis Rod Blank Warranty.docx

G.Loomis Fly Reels:

• EastFork fly reels - covered by a limited 5 year warranty against defects in workmanship and materials from the date of purchase.

• Venture fly reels - covered against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of one year from the date of purchase.

• The G.Loomis factory will inspect the reel to determine cause of breakage

• For Damage determined to have occurred due to defect, GLoomis will, at the company's discretion, either repair or replace the product at no charge

• Damages occurring due to neglect, accident or normal wear and tear will, at the company's discretion, be repaired for a specific fee.

For warranty claims:

• Ship the damaged reel in a disposable container, prepaid and insured, along with a completed copy of our Repair Request Form www.shimano.com

For U.S. Customers Send Directly to:

Shimano American Corp.
    Reel Repair Service
    One Holland
    Irvine, CA. 92618

For Canadian Customers Send Directly to:

SHIMANO CANADA LTD.
    427 Pido Rd.
    Peterborough,ON. K9J 6X7

[IMG] Viewing G.Loomis USA
    Select a region
    Privacy Policy - Terms of Use - California Transparency Act © 2013 G.Loomis
  3. silvercreek Active Member

Ratings: +207 / 0
    I had the tip section of 4 pc 10 ft 5 wt GLX classic repaired for free. I just paid postage. That was about 10 years ago.