FS G. Loomis GLX Switch: Roaring River, 11' 5 wt

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by yellowlab, Sep 11, 2012.

1. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

I really am on the fence about selling my switch rods, but with two kids and little time to steelhead, I am considering letting her go. She is a 9.5 to 9.7 on the 10 scale with very little use. $500 GLX switch1.jpg GLX Switch3.jpg GLX Switch3.jpg GLX Switch3.jpg GLX Swith2.jpg GLX Swith2.jpg , otherwise, I'll keep her as it will come in handy I know someday.

2. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

wow, i would jump on it if it was a 6 or a 7. that would be sweet. thanks, mike w

3. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

if no one jumps on it by the am i will take it . a christmas present for my son. now i need a reel. mike w

4. luv2fly2

luv2fly2 Active Member

00ps i forgot is the ship included? mike w

5. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

I've got a Hardy Marquis Salmon 1 with spare spool that I've advertised and balances perfectly with this switch. Will include a pretty much brand new Skagit short 325 grain head that shoots like a rocket if you buy the whole set up.

6. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

The switch is still available...

7. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

8. yellowlab

yellowlab Active Member

9. USMC VET

USMC VET Member

Greetings from Raymond WA. I am seriously thinking about buying this rod from a vendor, it is on sale new for 498.00 which is a good buy on this rod. However I know nothing about this model of switch rod,, seldom see anyone mention Loomis Switch Rods, were you happy with it, how did it cast and if you don't mind me asking what line setup did you use, even at the sale price it is a bit beyond what I usually can pay but I am thinking I might need to just do it,, summer is just around the corner. thanks for your advice on this rod, Ron