gallery pictures

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by mike doughty, Feb 3, 2004.

1. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I'm trying to upload new pictures, but i have used to much space. is there anyway to decrease the size of the pictures that are already uploaded in my gallery so that i can upload more?
  2. Bugthrower Willits

Seattle
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    You need to remove the images and resize them, images don't really need to be more than about 70k for good quality.
  3. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    i am as computer illiterate as they get. how do i resize them?
  4. WaFlyCaster Tricoptera

Fife, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    you need to get a program that resizes pictures...photoshop..or something equivalent..sometimes there are free downloads that can do it easily
  5. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
  6. luv2fly2 Active Member

.othello
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    nook, you made my day as i thought i was the only person who knew nothing about computers. resize, cut and paste,and trying to get those yellow things(smilies) over here are over the noggin. i type with one finger. in the near future two will be a possibility. wow
  7. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    I CAN STAB WITH 2 FINGERS, SURF INTERNET AND PLAY GAMES, THAT'S ABOUT IT. sorry, i didn't realize i was yelling.
  8. Jason Trout Bum

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    If you want, send them to me I can resize them and send them back to you.
  9. bugnuts Member

U.P., WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    If you have Microsoft Paint, which virtually every computer running Windows has, then you can resize your pictures easily. Simply right click on a thumbnail of the file, click "Edit", then after the picture opens choose "Image" from the toolbar and "Stretch/Skew" from the drop-down menu. For a normal size digital photo (i.e. 1600 x 1200), shrink it to about 35-45% of its original size. I will usually save the resulting picture under a new filename to keep the original intact, then you can upload the shrunken pic.

Good luck! :)
  10. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,396 / 0
    I don't know what kind of camera you are using to take your pictures,but if you are using a digital you can resize them on your camera before you take them. I found that out the hard way. It's like doing the computer thing with two fingers and a on and off switch. Anything to do with electronics I'm a total failure.

Jim
  11. mike doughty Honorary Member

the uinta's
    I appreciate the help, i will try bugnuts advice and if that doesn't work then i will send them to new guy and in the future i will take old man's advice.