Gangs

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by E'burg fisher, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Sageman

Sageman Member

Careful on the racial profiling. I live in Yakima and my job has forced me to become somewhat knowledgable about the gangs here in town. I assure you they are multicultural. Many are Hispanic, but then so is much of the population of Yakima. Start watching out for the Hispanics and the well-dressed white boy is likely to catch you off guard.

It is like anywhere else, just be smart. The incident that started this whole thing had nothing to do with fishermen. You're just as likely to get shot or drowned by low-holing another driftboat on the river.

The majority of Hispanics in Yakima are good people. Most came here to work for minimum wage and they are some of the toughest and hardest-working people around. While many people try and get put on disability, many of these hard-working individuals are trying to find a way to get back to work, even if injured on the job. I have a lot of respect for most of them.

2. mr trout

mr trout Trevor Hutton

True. I too am a Yakima guy, when I'm not at UW (which i will be in a few more days...) I worked for a landscaping company this summer, and I definately agree with sageman's comments. Most of our crews were Hispanics, and aside from practicing my rusty spanish for three months, I learned that they most are hard working, and care deeply about their families and communities. It is the few who live otherwise that ruin that, and that goes for everybody too (rednecks like me included).
    That said, It is wise to keep an eye out for that stuff, exercise your right to concealed carry (or at least have a good fighting knife/OC spray), and trust nobody you don't know inside and out.
    Maybe I'm a bit of a paranoid right-winger, but oh well...I'm still tired from driving back from a 5 day western Montana Fishing assault

3. headstrong1

headstrong1 youngish old guy

We got gangs in Wenatchee too. South Side Locos. Once in a while somebody gets shot, but mostly they just spraypaint their logos. The members tend to look funny rather than scary, like they really don't hate anyone, but need to look tough. Personally I'm a lot more scared of the whiteboy rednecks with the rebel flags and huge trucks. By the way has anyone seen truck nuts? The larger than life scrotum that you hang from your trailor hitch? I saw some blueballs the other day and about split my side from laughing.

4. Shawnage

Shawnage Shawn Bechtol

You know… there's like a butt-load of gangs at this school. This one gang kept wanting me to join because I'm pretty good with a bow-staff.

5. tythetier

tythetier Fish Slayer

Never understood gangs. Just seems like a waste of time. I grew up in a bad part of the 'couve and seen alot of my friends take that route around late junior high age. My parents raised me right and I kept away from that crap. Jail just seems like such a waste of time. I doubt they would let me have a fly tying vice in there.

Headstrong, I have seen the nuts. One of my neighbors used to have them on his truck. I wanted to get a big ol' set of the gold ones for my subaru, but I cant pull out my tow stinger. :-(

I like GOOOoooollllDDDDDdddddd!!!!!

Ty

6. troutramp

troutramp Member

Vote For Pedroooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Your vote would have counted...five and a half years ago when this thread was relevant.

8. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

"threads like this" strikes again! LOL

9. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

1) F 'em
    2) If "The Vato's are packin shovels now??," do the tough-guys shovel sideways, while diving thru the air? Just curious.

10. Matthew LeBret

Matthew LeBret Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

11. Matthew LeBret

With all the gang talk, I have had more trouble with D*ck head fishermen than anything else.

12. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

Gangs, Bush Bunnies, Dickhead Fisherman...sheesh!!
    I'm crawlin' back in my hole...

13. teedub

teedub Active Member

The passing vehicle could use muzzle flashes in lieu of headlamp flashes!

14. Matthew LeBret

So with all this gang talk, what I was thinking is that with the outdoorsmen out numbering the gang bangers......... The only logical solution would be starting our own gang. We could have our own kick ass gang signs much better then theirs. The only problem that I see is most of us have our weapons registered so we would have to pimp out our or preferably YOUR b!tches to trade for stolen guns. THEN THE RIVER’S WOULD BE OURS!!!!!!

15. troutramp

troutramp Member

Ya but then you will get the south side swingers against the north side nymphers , it would work out for the apperal companies though they would have to start producing gang colored waders, (did the simms rep see that?). Im sorry really I should stop now ..................

16. ozcast

ozcast Member

North side nymphers represent bitches!

17. ribka

ribka Active Member

18. Luke77

Luke77 I hope she likes whitefish

19. Sean Matthews

Sean Matthews Member

Being from Michigan, Specifically from Detroit, where the youth of that city/county walk around and do as they please because parents have long abandoned their duties for 22 inch rims and the latest cell phones, I say let Darwinism do its job. I do not know what the laws are here in Washington but in Michigan if someone attacks you with weapon, and you fear for your life you have the state given right to defend yourself by any means necessary even escalating the conflict with firearms . So if an idiot gang bang-er wants to start swinging a shovel, shoot two or three shots in his general vicinity and say you feared for you life. Too many idiots breeding.

The below law is basically what I have stated here.

RCW 9A.16.050
    Homicide — By other person — When justifiable.

Homicide is also justifiable when committed either:

(1) In the lawful defense of the slayer, or his or her husband, wife, parent, child, brother, or sister, or of any other person in his presence or company, when there is reasonable ground to apprehend a design on the part of the person slain to commit a felony or to do some great personal injury to the slayer or to any such person, and there is imminent danger of such design being accomplished; or

(2) In the actual resistance of an attempt to commit a felony upon the slayer, in his presence, or upon or in a dwelling, or other place of abode, in which he is.

20. _WW_

_WW_ Fishes with Wolves

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: