Gear Bags

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by tkhour, Feb 23, 2012.

1. tkhour Member

New Jersey
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Anyone have any recommendation on good gear bags to store reels and fly boxes? I'm trying to organize all my spey reels,lines and boxes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  2. Big Tuna Member

Wenatchee, Washington
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    Fishpond cloudburst
  3. shawn k Member

buckets worldwide
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    The sage typhoon boat bage rocks.
  4. tkhour Member

New Jersey
    Thanks guys. Someone told me about the Vision Reel Bag which looks perfect for both price and what Im looking for. Appreciate the info though
  5. shotgunner Anywhere ~ Anytime

45th Parallel NW Michigan
    Ratings: +18 / 1
  6. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,390 / 0
    I have a nice one by Fishpond, but I discovered that there isn't a bag made that will hold all my reels and fly boxes. I'm thinking of remodeling the storeroom with 3 or 4 sets of shelves from Lowes or Home Depot. Then maybe add something like a library card catalog listing where each thing is, and have a check out system for different kinds of fishing trips. It could work.

Sg
  7. Dave Evans Active Member

E. WA / N ID
    Ratings: +95 / 0
    I have a fishpond like the cloudburst. Great bag.
  8. Jim Darden Active Member

Bellingham, Wa.
    Ratings: +193 / 0
    I have a fishpond that I use for steelhead gear and it is great but don't get it near salt water or you will have zipper problems. I have two water proof bags with zippers that have BIG teeth and they work well in salt water. I also used a big Pelican case that has held up well, you can shape the foam to fit your tackle. If you are taking it with you in the boat it is a lot different than selecting one that you will just use for organizing. The bass tackle bags also are a great alternative.
  9. Benjy Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +57 / 0
    Patagonia Great Divider.
  10. shotgunner Anywhere ~ Anytime

45th Parallel NW Michigan
    Ratings: +18 / 1
    Salmo G.. great idea! It could potentially be marketable once you get the bugs worked out of the system. Consider placing me head of sales which will naturally be negotiated on the water throughout greatest global fishing venues.
  11. Kirk Singleton Capt Kirk

Sammamish, WA
    I like the Patagonia Great Divider or the Sage typhoon.
  12. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +165 / 0
    you might try putting bar codes on everything and having an automated system for tracking it all.
  13. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,390 / 0
    Imagine my surprise and disappointment when I realized that not all my gear for either steelhead or trout fishing would fit. All my tropical saltwater stuff will - for the time being, but that wasn't the purpose I had in mind for it. Bar codes are a good idea, along with hiring a computer programmer to develop suitable inventory and use software that's user friendly, even to me.

It is a well made bag, that's for sure.

Sg
  14. JesseC Active Member

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +680 / 0
    There's a $25 soft cooler being sold at costco right now. That will work if you'd rather spend $100 on something else like explosives or blow.
  15. Nooksack Mac Active Member

Bellingham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +99 / 0
    At home, my spey reels are in a second-hand wood narrow dresser with five drawers. Lightest reels in top shelf, etc. I like that they're not exposed to daylight. For travel, reels in pouches go in a largish rectangular cordura gym bag, with vest, rain gear, and misc. Detachable shoulder strap, pockets on ends. Fits airline carryon.