FS Gear clearance: Allen 8wt spey, centerpin, spinning/trolling rods, waders, FREE KORKERS, etc

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ten80, Jan 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ten80

ten80 Active Member

SEE UPDATED THREAD LOCATED HERE:
    http://washingtonflyfishing.com/forum/index.php?threads/cleanout-redington-rise-ii-9-10-sonic-zip-lk-waders-misc-gear-rods-nets-etc.96340/#post-909747

Fishing is taking a backseat to some bigger and more important life goals so I am clearing out some gear. All prices are for cash, face-to-face sales but I will ship for a reasonable fee (PM me with zip code). Prices are OBO and are based off what I think is fair market value. I am located in Mill Creek, WA and work in Edmonds by the ferry terminal.

Photos will be posted asap.

1a. 8wt 13'6" Allen Olympic Spey rod. Good condition with a few superficial scratches on the ferrules and a little marking from a webbing strap on the tip piece. Has been fished relatively little. Kickass winter steelhead/coho rod. SOLD

1b. Allen Kraken 5 reel. Brand new, spooled with ~200yds of 30-lb backing (as much as will fit with running line and 600-gr skagit head). SOLD

1c. Redington Rise II 9/10 wt fly reel in dark charcoal. Brand new. $170

2. TFO 13' centerpin rod with un-branded but good quality reel. Fished relatively little and in great shape. Reel has backing plus 12 lb Izorline high-vis mono. Reel screws kept coming loose because of slightly rounded threads in the reel foot (but not stripped) so I have epoxied the threads and reel foot in place. Who needs a detachable reel foot anyways!

13' 0'' TFO Gary Loomis Salmon Steelhead Spinning Rods
    TFG CTP 1302-2
    13' 0''
    L
    6-10 lb.
    1/8-1/2 oz
    2.9 oz
    Full Grip
    Medium
    $179.95

SOLD

3. Okuma Guide Select 12wt fly rod. Used on one trip to Mexico, in great shape with case and sock. IM8 graphite with upper fighting grip. SOLD

4. Allen Kenai breathable chest waders, size medium. No leaks, tears, or repairs. Great waders for warmer weather wading as they are lightweight and run a little on the slim side (no room for bulky warm layers unless you are very skinny) SOLD

5. Simms neoprene waders, size medium. Good, working condition. SOLD

6. William Joseph collapsible stripping basket. Good shape with "custom" bottom plastic cutout to help it maintain shape. $20.

7. Soft-sided, green and black reel/line storage bag. With pocketed internal dividers for fly lines. Handy for airplane travel and long trips. $15

8. Soft-sided, zip-lock pocketed fly wallet. Perfect for tube flies, salt flies, etc. Like new. $15

9. Simms chest pack. Used once or twice and in excellent shape. Two zip pockets with lots of dividers and storage. SOLD

10. GIANT net with extendable handle. Large enough for any washington King salmon and also quite deep. $20 (pick up only, obviously).

Attached Files:

jake-e-boy likes this.
  2. Tom Johnston

Tom Johnston Been around a while

Media:
    What broken on the switch rod?

3. ten80

ten80 Active Member

not certain, it is a "sample" given to me by a company rep. IM-8 blank with a nice cork. Broke at second section from tip.

NOTE: I'd prefer not to ship free items and because they are free, you should be willing to pick them up unless you bribe me with good beer.

CHEST PACK IS ACTUALLY MADE BY SAGE (SEE LOGO ON PACK), but I cannot edit my first post due to a "server error"

More rods added:

Gear rods:
    a. Wright & McGill short max plug casting rod. 9', medium action, medium-stiff power. 10-40lb line. Soft tip makes it perfect for trolling for salmon. Has enough backbone for big fish (dorado, kings, etc). Very nicely made overall. $55 firm.

b. Daiwa Salmon mooching/trolling rod. 9', medium action, line rating is in the 10-30-lb range. Very light and responsive, great for coho and pink trolling. Well used but in functional shape. $35

c. Omoto 10/12wt fly reel, set up for trolling. 45lb backing with 200 yds 20lb ultragreen monofilament (nearly new). Works as a light weight mooching/trolling reel and has caught many fish. Makes for a very light, responsive setup, much more fun than a low-end baitcaster in my opinion. Drag is very strong and doesn't slip while trolling with a flasher. In excellent condition. $45

D. Cabellas Tourney IM7 spinning rod, 10' length, medium-heavy power, rated for 10-20 lb line. Very light and responsive with enough power for big kings and chum. Works great as a float rod and will set a hook from across the river. Has landed several steelies and is in great shape. SOLD

E. Ugly Stick Lite spinning rod. 8'6" length, medium power, 10-20lb line test with what I'd call medium action. Great for tossing buzz bombs off the beach and even pulling plugs. Durable, all-purpose rod that is MUCH nicer than the original Ugly Stick rods. PENDING

F. Shakespeare IM7 spinning rod, 6'6", medium action, 6-10lbs test. Very light, sensitive rod that works great for twitching jigs and tossing spinners for pinks and your average coho. Easy to fish from boats and for kids to use. $15

4. jake-e-boy

jake-e-boy No mas

length on that 8wt OP?

5. steelydan

steelydan Newb seeking wisdom

I wear a size 9. Sandals still available?
    Interested in soles also.

6. surfly

surfly New Member

what length is the allen 8wt. rod?

7. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:
    Good luck with the life goals, must be something big to give up your hobbies! Could be interested in the Simms chest pack and size 11 sandals (those would have saved me a lot of spills at my summer creek spot!) , pending pic/price on the Simms pack.

8. Afterthesteel

Afterthesteel New Member

Private message sent about lines

9. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Surfly, Allen rod is 13'6" 8wt.

Bigdood, I'm cleaning out less than a quarter of my fishing gear... it would be difficult to give up this hobby! I will post a photo of the sandals and pack asap.

Afterthesteel, I'll gladly sell running line and head. You have a PM with details.

10. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:

Whew, that makes waaaay more sense.

11. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Media:
    I'm interested in the free rods, can come pick up - I could use those to lear rod repair on, it would be perfect, I just started rod building. I could grab the Kingston Edmonds ferry on Sunday and walk on if you could meet me somewhere in the area.

12. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Media:
    I may be interested in any salmon trolling setups

13. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Alexander, I'm in Edmonds on most weekdays, but am busy skiing most weekends. Shoot me a PM with your phone number and we can make it work.

Nick, I'm uploading photos of more rods right now, including the trolling rods.

Alexander likes this.
  14. Alexander

Alexander Fishon

Media:
    Schweet! PM sent! :D

15. bigdood

bigdood fishing hack

Media:
    Home Page:
    Damn, not the chest pack style I was looking for and since the Korkers are free won't even ask to ship. Good luck!

16. ten80

ten80 Active Member

Updated with gear rods

17. tonemike

tonemike fish'n glass

pm sent

18. ten80

ten80 Active Member

off on vacation, back on 23 rd and will list more items.

19. Proud Dad

Proud Dad New Member

pm sent on both pairs of the waders and the Sage chest pack

20. ten80

ten80 Active Member

PM's replied. WFF is blocking my home IP address, please forgive my delayed responses as I have to use my tiny smart phone. I've also added some more rod descriptions up top.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.