Get Preped - Saltwater Coho Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by dryflylarry, Jun 1, 2011.

1. I won't be able to make the meet-up but I can tie some pretty good marabou's if that's of interest.

Mike

2. Scratch that - I have some great rare fur that would go great on a streamer - something like a Mickey Finn in coho colors.

3. Welcome Michael K. Smith. You are officially signed up!

4. Larry, I can't take it any more. I've not tied a single fly since taking my new job. I'm in. No idea what I'll tie, but I'll come up with something. I think I'll tie up a popper. Not as awesome as Leland's, but I'll give it a go.

5. Great Ed! Certainly would look forward to a popper! I haven't decided yet. You're on the list!

6. ok I am in

Epoxy Squid

7. OK Kelvin. Gottcha! Thanks for joining in! That leaves only one more for a maximum amount of 12 tiers before closing the shop!

8. We'll definitely set something up for the following week. I'm doing some recon today and Monday and I'll see if I can't find a spot or two that proves worthwhile.

9. woot!

10. Larry, I would love to take part. Don't know what I'll tie yet, but I will figure something out.

eric

11. Great Eric. I think they have a few salmon in California, right? Love to have you. Welcome. You are the last guy on the list. So, now were full up for tiers.

12. OK Pals, we have one dozen tiers. So that means you need to tie up 11 flies (12 if you want one for yourself).
    Please read the section titled "How a Fly Swap Works" if you have not been in one. Reminder: If you are not attending the "face to face" swap at the Tides Tavern, then please get your flies in the mail on or before July 5 so I have them to pass out at the Tavern. There are good lunches available at the Tavern, and, the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is a one-minute walk away! Face to Face at the Tavern at 1:00 PM on July 10. Have fun tying! Crank those puppies out! -dryflylarry

13. I've decided I'll be tying up a herring/baitfish fly. Probably loosely based on Ferguson's herring from his book. I'll try and get a pic as I tie some up and make sure y'all approve.

14. Larry, I'll tie some of my BH flat wings.

15. Thanks for checking in guys. I haven't decided yet, but will get going on something this weekend hopefully.

16. View attachment 41942 View attachment 41943
    Hey Larry can I do that too
    I will send some 88 cent Thai jobbers?
    apparently this tier has not yet mastered the whip finish

17. QUOTE=mark m;646286]Larry, I'll tie some of my BH flat wings.[/QUOTE]

Mark I think you need to tie a few extra for me
    cant wait to see anything that some off you vice
    I will most likely have it framed

I was thinking about a Puget Sound Flat Wing but now am thinking a Winged Squid
    or some 88 cent Thai jobbies

View attachment 41947

18. Dang Kelvin, you tie some awesome flies Dude!

19. LMk where you're getting your flies so cheap, I'm down to save another .11 cents each! :cool:

...Nice ties as always Kelv!

20. No competition here! I'm gonna tie some simple thing instead of those expensive Thai type jobbies!