Get Preped - Saltwater Coho Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by dryflylarry, Jun 1, 2011.

1. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +562 / 0
    Got constructeur's nice tube flies today! See some of you Sunday. I still have 3 or 4 to finish up. Mine is sort of a enhanced/modified/coho Stinger Popsicle Stick more or less. You know I like those colors!
  2. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    For those coming to the "face to face". Some of us will be there at 12 Noon including myself. Noon is a little better for a couple of people also, but 1 PM is still fine.
  3. Michael K. Smith New Member

Shoreline, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'll be there on Sunday!
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Larry, thanks for meeting me today on short notice. I won't be able to make the face to face on Sunday. We just confirmed some family plans. I'll connect with you sometime over the next couple of weeks to get my bounty of flies! Thanks for hosting, meeting and the chat. I'll put that other fly to use as soon as I can get out there.
  5. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    Hopefully my flies came in today!
  6. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Gott'em Eric! Thanks a lot! Very nice. Sounds like there are even a few salmon heading our way!
  7. James Harrington Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    I'll be there noonish on Sunday Larry. Furiously trying to finish up.
  8. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Great! It looks like there will be 6 of us at the "Face to Face". See you all there about Noonish! Don't forget your flies! Remember the Gig Harbor Fly Shop is almost next door to the Tides Tavern-Gig Harbor. Anyone lost can call me at 360-710-4835.
  9. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +275 / 0
    Sorry I will miss the swap the fishing in LA's been good
  10. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Well we all met around Noon at the Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor today, and had a good time. We told lies, drank some beers, had some clam chowder, and met some new people from the WFF crazy site. And oh, we traded flies and ooooooed and awwwwwed at each others creations. I think everyone had some fun. We then wandered down to the Gig Harbor Fly Shop to see what could be found, but not before stopping to check out Michael K. Smiths new Ducati motorcycle! He took it out for a spin all the way from Shoreline! Those attending were Michael K. Smith, Dr. Crush, Ron McNeal, Mark M, Mysteriouswater, dryflylarry, and Banzai stopped in to chat with the group. Ron McNeal provided the professional photography. I will attempt to take some fly photos to post before sending others flies in the mail tomorrow. Thanks everyone for joining in the coho swap. Now let's see if we can pinpoint a few coho this year. Report back if you catch some nice coho on one of these flies! Thanks again everyone. It was great fun!

dryflylarry
  11. James Harrington Member

Gig Harbor, WA
    Ratings: +26 / 0
    Felt privileged to be there. The flies are great. One of em' (I ain't tellin' which yet) pulled a nice little cutty out at Southworth. Thanks again fellas.

-James
  12. Mark Mercer Member

port orchard, wa
    Ratings: +493 / 0
    Thanks Larry for hosting the swap, had a good time and received some nice looking flies, can't wait to try them out. That's great James, you put them to the test with success, awesome! Some of those are great looking Cuttie flies.
  13. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    All flies have been mailed this morning to those that are waiting! Mailed at 10:15 AM. Enjoy. I'm anxious to put some of these to test also!
  14. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    All fly photos are now loaded into the Fly Swap Gallery, unless I forgot someone!
  15. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +401 / 0
    Thanks again for hosting Larry. The flies look great the rest of you.

Incase anyone digs mine, or the material it's the www.fishient.com Just Add H20 flash n 'slinky in olive green and white respectively, and the mid body flash used was the pearl gliss n' glo also by Fishient.
  16. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Thanks for the link 'constructeur' !
  17. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA

I just got some of this and tied some flatwings
    pretty cool stuff
  18. Troutrageous Active Member

Yakima
    Ratings: +25 / 0
    A big thanks to Larry for setting up the swap. I'd love to have made it to the face to face, but the 6 hour drive was a bit much. Thanks for all the great flies.
  19. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +641 / 0
    Larry
    Recieved the flys yesterday, and plan to put them to use later this summer. Sorry I missed the face to face swap but I was camped at money creek on the sky giveing spey casting lessons.
  20. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Larry got the flies they look great
    thanks for putting togother the swap!
    sorry I missed the face to face