Getting down to the starting line

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Upton O, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    I'm hoping tomorrow will be the last major work party for the duck blinds. My body is sore and tired from digging, pushing, dragging, pushing, and cutting. The air is cooling off nicely at night, the leaves are starting to show colors other than green, it's almost time. I'm planning to run over the mountains to scout for doves in a few days and maybe take a side trip to see if I can find my way back to the old grouse grounds. Going to Ft. Lewis to shoot wobble skeet later this week. That is a game that really helps with wing shooting.

Man I love this time of year, from now until the end of January. Of course, I'm also looking forward to my first coho on a fly (I hope), at least one bigger than the 5 incher I caught a couple of weeks ago. And then there are the chums of November...

I live for this time.
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    Karl, you might not have to wait until November for those Chum, but keep working on those Coho. They must be here in full force soon.
  3. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    I'm jealous!! Having hunted ducks at a club in northern CA for over 50 years, I now find myself with the move here, not knowing where to go, and the club membership is part of an estate sale now. I was the third generation to hunt there, but over the years, the place changed from a duck club to a resort for rich old farts-which I'm not (rich at least). Lots of memories therebawling: