Gig Harbor TU Meeting - Save the date!

Discussion in 'Events' started by Luke Filmer, May 20, 2005.

1. The agenda has been finalized, and the Gig Harbor Chapter of Trout Unlimited meeting is coming very soon!
    We are very excited to have Bob Triggs for a 1 hour presentation on Sea-Run Cutthroat Trout;
    Seasons, Beach Habitats,Saltwater Forage, Flies, and techniques.
    Did you know that an 18" cutthroat is approximately 12 years old! :eek:
    Bob will enlighten us on how fragile our cutthroat resource remains, as well as share his knowledge of safe catch& release tactics for this world class wild trout.
    We will have drawings for;
    * Bob Triggs hand tied flies for SRC.
    * Signed copies of Les Johnson's new book Fly-Fishing for Coastal Cutthroat.
    * Gift certificates from Blackwater fish reproductions.
    We will have a presentation on the 2005 Northwest Youth Conservation and Fly-fishing Academy.
    replace your child's X-BOX with a tackle box, and develop a new relationship with your child, and enjoy time with them on the stream, while mentoring youth natural resource stewardship .
    We will also have a representative from the Great Peninsula Conservancy to introduce us to their mission of protecting our local shorelines, streams, forests, and open spaces.
    Sound familiar? :rolleyes:
    Did you know there is a new 98 acre wildlife refuge lacated near Rosedale? :eek:
    As I am sure you are aware of the massive growth & development scheduled for this area. You may want to consider getting actively involved in protecting our local fragile watersheds from development run-off, and helping to support those who are working to protect our bountiful SRC and Salmon streams we all enjoy so much.
    If you live in the Gig harbor / Key Peninsula area and would like to participate in Trout Unlimited events. contact me for membership info.
    Thanks!
    -Fish-artist

2. Fish artist, just sent you an email. I'm interested, plus will be living out there in the next couple years (deliver UPS out there now).