gill net seasons

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by gt, Oct 15, 2005.

1. is there a web site which lists the various gill net seasons by date and zone?

2. Thanks Bob,
    However we may feel, to a large extent acceptence is the key concerning the nets, it simply is a established factor. (For now!) I suppose the positive aspects are a: I believe the local nets are as small as 5 or 5.5 which should let all cutts and many jacks through. b: Dredgers are a great source of info 3: many of the boats are highly inneffective (As are most of us!)

The best we can do is let the natives go!
    Support your favorite conservation group fighting for reasonable solutions. (Like Earth First, PETA and The Maoist Shining Path! oops I mean...

3. Thanks Bob,
    However we may feel, to a large extent acceptence is the key concerning the nets, it simply is a established factor. (For now!) I suppose the positive aspects are a: I believe the local nets are as small as 5 or 5.5 which should let all cutts and many jacks through. b: Dredgers are a great source of info 3: many of the boats are highly inneffective (As are most of us!)

The best we can do is let the natives go!
    Support your favorite conservation group fighting for reasonable solutions. (Like Earth First, PETA and The Maoist Shining Path! oops I mean...

4. appreciate the link. took a bit but i found the pdf file, yikes! have been observing the net fishing in dungness bay for a couple of weeks now. looks like they are beginning to pick up some coho at this point. pretty pathetic run in my estimation, but whats new these days.

5. A friend of mine says that the Dungeness Bay area commercial net fishing has just plain dropped out, and that if it is any indication, the river run is going to be meager as well. Time, and some more rain, may tell.