Glass LMB and a YFT

Discussion in 'Arts and Literature' started by allenro, Jan 26, 2013.

1. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    I try to make one fish a week but got two in due to the holiday last Monday

Need some opinions on this one. It doesn't show it well but the center green piece and the tail are dark green and the rest is a medium green. I think next one I'll either use a lighter green on the top or change the center green to a gray. Or just keep it as is. What do you think?

[IMG]

I think the colors on the YFT came out OK

[IMG]
    Gary Hendriksen, Jackd and Stonefish like this.
  2. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    Looks good Alan. I still have mine hanging up. The Bass and Rainbow Trout. I remember you and I were collaborating on the colors for the Brook Trout, how did you ever make out?
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,593 / 0
    I think the LMB looks fine as-is. However, if you are keen to change anything, I'd go with a darker back color so it matches the tail. The actual critter has a darker back than the rest of the body.

That's a huge advantage of coloring my cartoons with PhotoShop. It's easy to change colors if I don't like what I see. Guess you can't do that with stained glass.

I think someone asked if you sell your artwork, I'd certainly be interested if you do. I have fish and flyfishing artwork displayed around the house and I think I could find a place for a stained glass piece.
  4. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
    Gene - Site rules don't allow us to sell here unless we are a sponsor. I don't see why we can't trade. I'm always open for gear or art trades. As a matter of fact, I think I traded with NewTyer1 last year if I remember correctly. Let me know if that works for you.

And NewTyer - I did make a few trout with your color suggestions and gave them to a local group for one of their auctions.
  5. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    I forgot about the rules. Sure, a trade works for me. I'll see what I have that might interest you.
  6. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
  7. Jack Devlin Active Member

Western Washington, Puget Sound area
    Ratings: +961 / 1
    Allenro,
    I just looked at your work on photobucket. Just love the Fluke/Flounder but my favorite is the squid. "Awesome" as the young folk say.
    Jack

Colors on the LMB look fine to me.
  8. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    I thought they call things they like "sick"??? :D
  9. Jack Devlin Active Member

Western Washington, Puget Sound area
    Ratings: +961 / 1
    I thought of using "sick" but there is always the possibility of being misconstrued. Could have used "cool", that's still "in". Wanted to use "bodacious" but wasn't sure of the spelling. Figured "awesome" would do the trick.
  10. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    I can't relate to "sick". I remember when "boss" meant cool. Or "rad". Interesting that "cool" is still around. We baby boomers came up with that one. I still use it today.
  11. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
    HaHa - You guys are Neat-O:cool:

Thanks
  12. NewTyer1 Banned or Parked

Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Ratings: +29 / 1
    Allen, yes you did. And I still have them hanging proudly. Did you finally get the color right on the Brook Trout you were working on then?
  13. Bradley Miller Dances with fish

Tacoma
    Ratings: +104 / 0
    I can't even hardly remember 'neat-o'.....but I can hardly remember anything, for that matter. Boss? Yes. Bad? Yes. Awesome? Yes, unfortunately. Way too overused. I think the fish are beautiful. How's that? :)
  14. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +135 / 0
    Very nice work! Are you using lead or copper foil? I like the "mean look" you put over the fish's eyes. Keep posting pics of your fish.
  15. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
    Copper foil - You can't really get the detail using lead. I never met a happy bass:)
  16. Steve Kokita FISHON206

Burien, Washington
    Ratings: +135 / 0
    How long are your glass fish?
  17. allenro Active Member

Northeast coast.
    I guess they start around 13" and go up to 28" ( a guy from MA wanted a keeper striped bass). 13"-15" seem to be the most popular size range.