Glass rod I.D.

Discussion in 'Bamboo, Fiberglass & Classic Reels' started by Phishy, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Phishy Member

Tacoma
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I'm hoping someone can help me I.D. this rod and maybe give me a little information to let me know what I have here. My dad is passing this rod to me because it's collecting dust at his house and I'm curious if I can set this up and make it usable. I have no experience with glass rods. What I do know is my dad bought this in the early 60's at a shop in Wisconsin to fish bass and pike. It's 8' long and I believe it's a 7wt or 8wt equivalent. Any additional info would be helpful. Thanks in advance!
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  2. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    Sanded fiberglass, How about a and the color throws me off. How about some photos of the reel seat/handle and also the ferrules. I assume this is a two piece.
  3. rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

Brownsville Oregon
    Ratings: +29 / 0
    and another shot of that label
  4. Phishy Member

Tacoma
    Thanks for looking and yes it's a two piece. I'll get some more pictures and post them tomorrow.
  5. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
  6. Phishy Member

Tacoma
    Thank Lugan, I'll do that. Here are some additional shots in case someone here can help.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  7. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    The scrip in the 5th photo looks very familiar - I've definitely seen it before, and more than once - but I cannot remember what maker that's from. If no one IDs it here, the Fiberglass Flyrodders guys will for sure.