Glue on oars?

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Dave Evans, Apr 11, 2014.

1. I have a scadden H3 and have been having oar envy the past couple of years. Not in a position to buy a new pontoon at the moment, but I wonder if there is a way to glue on oar mounts? Any suggestions?

2. No. It is cloth and a bladder, not sure how well glue ons will ork as the outer cover can move. Great tube though.

Dave Evans likes this.

3. Thanks!

4. Know someone who has one as well. We talked about a small simple frame. Basically wraps around and you cinch down with straps around tube. Put like the NRS mounts (or the old Bucks Bag clamp on oar locks). Would be a simple one piece frame with a couple bends to go around top of tube.

5. BTW, he used my kayak paddle with his fins. Seemed to work "ok". But was thinking the rowing frame idea I had may work out better.

6. look at some metal tube with speed rail fittings mountainbuzz "games with frames" has alot of knowledge about home built frames

Blue likes this.
  7. You can use NRS's Pin and Clip system to adapt any oar to your Scadden raft (or any boat with a pin-through oar system). Just clamp the NRS Clips to your preferred oars, and slide the pin sleeve over the pin attached to your boat. The clips attach securely to the pins without having to through-drill the oars.

http://www.nrs.com/product/1420/oar-pins-and-clips-sets

Blue likes this.
  8. BTW: I have some nearly new Sawyer SST oars available for sale. They are yellow, 8'6" long (total length -- 7' oar + 1.5' blade), two-piece and rope-wrapped. I bought them to use with my Scadden Assault XXX but ended up adding a lightweight frame to the boat so I needed slightly bigger oars for the extra weight and reach the frame gave me. Let me know if you are interested. I paid $292 (I can share the invoice if interested). I'll let them go for $225 and will cover shipping.

http://www.paddlesandoars.com/Oars/SAWYER-SST-OAR/