going fishing

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by KerryS, Aug 29, 2011.

1. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I think I am going fishing. I know what fish I want to catch. I pretty much know what river I am going to fish. I also know basically where the fish will be. I know which rod I am going to use. I have a reel for the rod. I also have a couple of lines I think will work for where I will be fishing and what I am fishing for. I have a couple boxes of flies that have worked in the past. I am going to be fishing from a boat which has worked for this type of fishing before. I have a camera that will work for taking pictures if I catch any fish. Since I am fishing from a boat I don’t need waders or boots. I have a rain coat that worked the last I was in the rain. I will be making a lunch to take along and have the cold beverage of my choice. I will be fishing in a section of the river that is open according to WDFW fishing regulations and the fish I want to catch is legal to fish for in the section of river I will be fishing.

Have I forgotten anything?

2. slim

slim Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!

Ha.....someone to hold your hand and show you where the fish are?

3. bitterroot

bitterroot Love vintage graphite!

Do you have a full belly and clean pants?

4. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I said I know where the fish are......................................

5. slim

slim Fish or Ski...Fish or ski....fish!

I guess you just need someone to hold your hand and take pictures of your fish then.

6. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I have my own camera. No hand holding on my boat.

7. Jim Wallace

Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

I'd bring my cell phone, turned off so it won't ring. But its there if I need it to call in any observed poaching activity.
    Maybe a favorite microbrew or a flask, to celebrate when you bring to hand a really good fish.

8. flybill

flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Me! I'll even bring the cigars and scotch... and my own lunch of course.. since you already made yours!

9. Drifter

Drifter Active Member

a net ?

10. rockthief

rockthief Fly fishing = food for my soul

just be sure to have fun!

11. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

Thanks, got a rubber bag net.

12. Salmo_g

Salmo_g Active Member

You forgot to announce an open seat invitation. That kind of fishing makes for a good social experience, which is hard to have when fishing alone. Yet I understand fully the benefits of fishing alone. He who fishes alone leaves when he damn well pleases. I actually like to fish with others, but I loath planning and coordinating with others - too much like work.

Sg

13. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

Kerry - Quit avoiding Bitterroot's bellly and pants question. Are your pants full and belly clean or not?

14. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Can I come.........I don't bitch and I am always looking for some new holes to fish.

15. wadin' boot

wadin' boot Donny, you're out of your element...

Got your lucky Ramones t-shirt?

16. SteelieD

SteelieD Non Member

Ummmm....

17. Josh

Josh dead in the water

A banana.

18. Brian Miller

Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

iagree

19. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

Micro brew or a flask? What is the problem with both?

Have fun.

20. KerryS

KerryS Ignored Member

I was thinking more along the lines of a Blodwyn Pig sweatshirt.