Going to Brinnon

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by ray helaers, Oct 26, 2001.

1. ray helaers New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I know this is late notice; I'm going to be spending the day in Brinnon tomorrow. Can anybody recommend someplace close on that side of the Canal for good beach fishing. I imagine the coho are over, but what about cutts? Any chum showing yet (anywhere but Hoodsport)?
  2. guest Guest

were building a house out there we were not able to keep our hats on cause the wind is blowing so hard at the house over lookong the canal and in union alderbrook area our other house the wind did not exist so prepare fpr howling winds tomorrew. i was talking to the guy who is gonna live there and he fishes at the duckabush mouth and the area around the estuary to the dociewallips. but we stopped at the skok on the way back to union and they were nailing silvers off the old purdy-cut rd. fish after fish. nice big bright . thinking about going there tomorrow. stopped off at hoodsport and saw nobody catch a fish or even see one jump. maybe all the nets. hpoe this helps . later Ben
  3. ray helaers New Member

Ben-

Thanks for the tip. I wish I had remembered to check the messaage board before I left on Sat morn. wound up not fishing but had a great day, despite the weather. Went to a party at a friends who lives out on the delta of the Dosie. The resident elk herd was in his front yard when we got there. Good party - lots of salmon, oysters, and apple brown-betty from the tree in the back.

Maybe the coho will hold out till next weekend.