Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear swap?

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Kent Lufkin, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,225 / 0
    Dylan's bead head softhackle GRHE's arrived yesterday and Willie Bodger dropped his off in person. Sounds like Scott, James and Stephen are the only tyers left and that theirs are in the mail.

I'm feeling a little embarassed when I compare my big honking Lake Lenice version to some of the beauties you guys have tied. This is shaping up to be one of the best swaps I've yet been in.

K
  2. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    You should have waited to say that... Now I'll be the ugly one bringing up the rear! :(
  3. Teeg Stouffer Fish Recycler

Omaha, NE / Council Bluffs, IA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Speaking only for myself, Kent is being too kind.

I have certainly tricked fish with my version, but I always look forward to swaps guiltily, because I know that I'll wind up with at least a few bugs that make my ties cower in shame when lined up adjacent in my box.

I'm very excited to see everybody's masterpieces - and am a little bummed that I leave town on the 17th, I bet I'll just have to wait until I get home to check 'em out.

This is great timing though - I lost a box of nymphs a few weeks ago.
  4. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Okay mine are in the mail. The Mail Lady said it should be there on Monday. Added a fly for the swap miester. I hope you like it. !
  5. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    When y'all get one of my soft hackles, grease-line those puppies...

:cool:

EDIT: Kent my wife forgot to put some extra stamps in with the flies, I'll mail ya some on Mon.

Sorry
  6. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    I got Stephen and Scott's bugs in today's mail. James is gonna deliver his tomorrow in person so that should be everyone. I'll divide 'em up Wednesday and send them out by our deadline Thursday.

Thanks to all for making this such an enjoyable swap!

K
  7. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    James Mello just dropped off his flies and left with a selection of everyone else's. I'll divide the rest of 'em up tomorrow and drop in the mail.

K
  8. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Everyone's flies are in today's mail. Seattle area guys should have theirs tomorrow; others a bit longer depending on how far you live from 98005.

Thanks to all for participating.

K
  9. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    I don't have a digital camera, but I wished I did. The flies are great and I can't wait until i get a chance to use 'em! :)

My favorite are the soft hackles (there are 2 of 'em) and the really big GRHE. It's not a traditional hairs ear, but I figure that it looks a lot like the BOMBER BC chronis, that it should work *great* out at the lakes when they warm up. :) Thanks to all the tiers, and I can only hope that what I send out pleases you guys!
  10. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    I don't have a digital camera, but I wished I did. The flies are great and I can't wait until i get a chance to use 'em! :)

My favorite are the soft hackles (there are 2 of 'em) and the really big GRHE. It's not a traditional hairs ear, but I figure that it looks a lot like the BOMBER BC chronis, that it should work *great* out at the lakes when they warm up. :) Thanks to all the tiers, and I can only hope that what I send out pleases you guys!
  11. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    I do and I'll shoot images of each and post to the Gallery in the next week or so.

K
  12. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Stephen, your check arrived today. Many thanks,

K
  13. Scott Behn Active Member

Lk Stevens, Wa.
    Got the flies today, lovely that they are...I only got 10. I was thinking we had 12...

Either way I'm quite impressed with'em and once the swap is up in the gallery I'll post my recipe.

Many thanks to the Swapmeister for putting this on and since the flies got her to the house then the my wife must have mailed ya the postage.

Thanks again for the wonderful patterns.

:cool:
  14. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    We originally had a dozen tyers, but Mike had to pull out, leaving 11. Since there's no point in sending you back one of your own flies, you got one from everyone else except youself.

You're most welcome, but no postage has yet arrived. If/when it does, I'll be grateful for not having to pay it myself.

BTW, Scott's beautiful soft hackles were the only ones without a toe tag.

K
  15. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Kent,
    Thank you so much for a great swap, and being such a sound swapmeister.

Kind regards,
    Griswald
  16. Stephen Rice Senior Member

Wasilla, Alaska
    Glad to hear it. I got my flies today. Damn there are some good tiers out there! thanks alot guys every last one of them were awesome !
  17. David Holmes Formerly known as "capmblade"

Snoqualmie, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    I got my flies today and YOU GUYS SHAME ME! Those are some beeeeeautiful bugs!!!!!11

I really enjoyed being part of this swap, thanks for putting it on Kent.
  18. Flyn'dutchman Member

Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Mine arrived yesterday afternoon. Great bugs. Thanks to Kent.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  19. halcyon Hallelujah, I'm a Bum!!!

Vancouver, WA, USA.
    My flies arrived on Thurs. A great collection of flies all well tied. Thanks for hosting Kent and thanks to all the other tyers that joined to make it so much fun.

Regards,
  20. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    GHRE pics now in Gallery

I shot pics of each of the swap flies and posted to the Gallery last Friday. If you feel like sharing your recipe, please leave it as a comment to your pattern.

Thanks again to all who joined in and made this one of the better swaps I've hosted.

K