Golden Trout

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Cedar, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

Be Jofus, I am not following you. I re-read the thread just now and I'm not seing the crappy outlook, can you elaborate?

2. cwbraue

cwbraue Member

Media:
    So when's the wedding? :thumb:

3. Ray

Ray Active Member

I will be fishing for Golden Trout this weekend.

4. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Media:
    Allison, those are not your fish. They are the taxpayers and license holders fish. It is not sensitive information. It is public information on a public resource that is funded by the public for public use. If it is the Trailblazers Policy to consider this sensative information only released for personal gain then that is literally a crime. Now I know that isn't the case and the trailblazers are for the most part a stand up org but your public bashing of someone discussing a taxpayers resource under the banner of that org is pretty stupid. Especially since that money could be used for fisheries that are accessable to the majority of license holders. Not everyone is capable of a 15 mile hike over rough terrain and if given the choice would have that funding dumped into a lowland meat hole. I don't think either of us want to see that happen.

5. Allison

Allison Banned or Parked

The club does not have a policy about that matter. My personal opinion is that some places cannot take a lot of pressure.

I did not "publically bash" anyone. I sent a pm to someone and they published it here without my consent.

If you want the information that is in the state's records, go get it.

6. Be Jofus G

Media:
    We share the same personal opinion regarding the traffic that these places can handle. Unfortunatly, personal opinion goes out the window when discussing a public resource. Although I have my doubts that there is no policy about the matter, it is still at the very least bad form to promote personal opinion under the banner of an org that the public has placed its trust and confidence into. Remember all data posted on this site is public domain except the stuff chris has detailed in his privacy policy. If you read the T&Cs when you registered you would know that. It was pretty shitty form for the dude to post your PMs but I can understany why he did it, welcome to the world wide web...I guess.

If you are comfortable that the Trailblazers are cool with you stating:
    If you want the information that is in the state's records, go get it.
    then I guess there is nothing left to discuss. :rolleyes:

7. Wilken

Wilken Member

Done.

8. Be Jofus G

Media:
    Only 2 things get to me. Spicy food after 8:00pm and cheap tequilla. The rest is all good. :)

9. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Media:
    Home Page:
  10. Michael Thompson

Michael Thompson the flavor of BADFISH

Home Page:
    Lee Wulff is spinning in his grave:beathead::beathead::beathead:

11. Smooth

Smooth Guest

This is awesome!

I hope everyone takes a moment to consider the good points brought forward:

1) Public information is just that...public. That means the information can't denied if you follow protocol. Nobody is required to hand it to you on a silver (Golden) Platter!
    Go find out yourself. Better yet, contact the program/agency/club who has the info you're after and get involved or file your "Freedom Of Information Act" request for the info and wait.
    2) Some areas are sensitive (just like some flyfishers) and can't handle being tread upon without permanent damage.
    3) Outing someone's PM is just bad form regardless of your motive. The end does not always justify the means.
    4) Old Man Jim is pretty much right. He doesn't speak for everyone and anyone can put their own twist on it and say it does not describe them...but it cannot be denied...a lot of lazy asses come here and pump us all for information just to save their lazy butts from any real effort.