Golden Trout?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by fly15, Apr 16, 2002.

1. fly15

fly15 New Member

I know you guys are tight lipped about these lakes and where the goldens reside but one of my goals is to catch one of these elusive
    fish.Any info would be great.Hopfully you can steer me in the right direction.If you don't want the whole world to know about it you can E-mail me at razerclam@aol.com
    THANKS. :DUNNO

2. guest

guest Guest

I know of one. But right now I think it is under snow and ice. It is Coal lake out of Granite Falls off the Mountain Loop hiway. I tried to drive to it once but I have this thing about heights. A road with trees on it is fine but when it's in the open and on the side of a mountain it's a whole different thing. Jim :BIGSMILE

3. union2k2

union2k2 New Member

run a search on the alpine lakes wilderness and golden trout and you should find something. i found a couplw lakes but i cant remember the names and i know they would be iced over till atleast june if not later. try this site http://www.washingtonlakes.com/ i think it says something about an alpine lake with goldens.

4. Rob Blomquist

Rob Blomquist Formerly Tight Loops

Media:
    Upper Grieder lake is supposed to have them too. Its at the eastern end of the spada lake road and a short grunt of a hike to the lake. forget the first pond, keep walking and you will reach it. Not good for shore fishing, but a float tube is great, if you care to lug it along.

Rob