Gopro/accessories storage?

Discussion in 'Photography / Video' started by Mark Walker, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +220 / 1
    How are you carrying/storing your camera and the many accessories that go with it?
  2. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Ratings: +103 / 0
  3. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I keep it with my two DSLR's I take with me as well...in a big Pelican case=)
  4. Dustin Bise Active Member

Ratings: +7 / 0
    i dont have a go pro but i own a few pelican cases. go that route!
  5. g_smolt Recreational User

58°19'59 N, 134°29'49 W
    Ratings: +160 / 0
    X3 on the Pelican case. The 1150 holds a camera, 2 spare housings, a shitpile of attachment doodads, head mount, spare batteries, charger, blahblahblah.
  6. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Had one......too small. Replaced it with this.
    http://www.caseman.com/GoPro/GoPro_CM300.html

Arrived today and it's still too small!
  7. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    Inside Dims.: 8.50"L x 5.88"W x 3.75"H for the 1150 is pretty small and the CM300 a little bigger at 9.25 X 7.12 X 5, but that too is small, for ME. I plan on put the head mount with straps, then the chest mount with straps, the cases, and I plan on getting a second one for 3 D, but either of those cases are way sweet. Thanks for posting them as there are several more models to choose from.
    Now you got me thinking Harbor Freight.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?keyword=breif cases
  8. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,324 / 9
    Mark, too small? Who's gonna carry all that stuff on your next wilderness fishing adventure? You traveling with a valet?
  9. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    He replaced it with one that is less than an inch longer, and a littler over an inch wider and deeper? WHICH with a camera this small, that does make a difference....LOL
  10. (BigDave) Member

Fairwood
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    So far I just take the Gopro and stuff it in a thick sock to keep from scratching the lens dome. But it's early, as I just got it for Xmas and still working out the options...

BD
  11. veilside180sx Member

Hillsboro, OR
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I use a microfiber cloth sunglass case to slip over it inside the big case.
  12. colehatch Member

Rockford, MI
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Mark,

Did you mean the new CM300 was also too small for your GoPro and accessories? It looks like the perfect size case. I'm considering buying this but don't want to waste the money. If you don't mind me asking how much stuff we're you putting in it that it was too small?

Thanks,

Jeff
  13. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Perhaps, when I'm more accustomed to using the camera, a more knowledgeable decision can be made regarding what can be left behind and what actually needs to be schlepped along on a specific outing.
    If you have the the camera/housing, LCD back, 2nd battery back, USB cable, wall/car charger, "Chesty" mount, suction mount, any number of stick-on/screw-on mounts, and the way too numerous case back doors that come with the LCD and double battery pack, everything won't fit the in CM300.
    The CM300, if you can determine what you're going to need and it will fit comfortably in the case, is a good choice IMO.

As far as durabilty, strength and design, it seems great. I can stand my +200lb carcass on it without so much as a squeak from the case.
    You could drop kick it into the river and watch it float way unscathed.
  14. Blue Active Member

Salt Lake City, UT
    I just read where they are coming out with a WI FI attachment...MAN, I am going to need a big case for all the match book sized attachments...LOL
  15. troutdopemagic Active Member

Lake Stevens, Washington
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Pelican or Hardigg cases are "the bee knee's". You can cut the foam to provide a tight hold of your stuff.