Gopro Brown trout-spanaway lake

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Top in my class, Nov 13, 2012.

1. This was a very nice brown trout i caught at spanaway lake, if only it was caught on the fly... thanks for watching!

2. Thomas Williams

Thomas Williams Habitual Line Stepper

Pretty fish. I didnt know that browns were in there. Ive only been there once and the water was doo doo brown and didnt smell too fresh either. Maybe the rain had made it muddy.

3. Hey thanks, but yeah the water is nasty and there are actually some big hogs in that lake. They're actually trying to spawn in this creek, its pretty cool to watch.

4. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

I've wanted to take my Pram out on Spanaway, but I've heard there is a lot of breakins in the parking area. Is this true? I've heard the same about American Lake. Anyone one have any input? Is this a problem?

5. Stonefish

Stonefish Triploid, Humpy & Seaplane Hater

Dick,
    I've fished at Spanaway for years and have never had any issues in the launch parking lot. That may not be the case in other areas of the park, but I've never seen any busted glass in that lot. There are generally a fair number of people around that lot as well, so probably not a great place for thieves.
    This past spring we had very good success on some really nice browns fishing chironomids deep in 22' of water.
    Hope this helps.
    SF

6. yeah there really isn't that problem here. Only Place local i know that has that problem is Kapowsin lake.

7. Dick Warnke

Dick Warnke was Pram-Man

Thanks for the feed back, I just might give it a try.